An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

cold pills

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by kathypuggles, Jun 5, 2015.

1. kathypuggles

kathypuggles Member

I am addicted to OTC cold pills. I rationalize that they are cheap and legal. I don't have any withdrawal but I hallucinate when I take them. I've had a year clean before but I always tell myself I can handle it. I don't get physical cravings it's all mental. Of course I know I'm an addict. I have been addicted to many other things in the past. Just wondering if anyone else does the cold pills and what they've learned.
  2. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

I only take cold pills when I'm sick, but I'm curious about quick cold pill makes you hallucinate. And how many do you take at a time?
  3. Baye's Mom

Baye's Mom Member

I used to dextrip. It was crazy. I would rationalize the same. But its horrible for your brain and heart.
  4. LilAnn

Is it like acid or shrooms?
  5. LilAnn

I asked a friend about it. Apparently, around here they call it robotripping, since they used robbitussin and ephedrine pills. What do they use in place of ephedrine now?
  6. Baye's Mom

Baye's Mom Member

Corciden(sp?), benedryl, nyquil. Its all the same feeling, different, almost worse then acid or shrooms. Its terrible, horrible stuff, and I don't ever want to do it again!
  7. LilAnn

Taking the reccomend dose makes me sluggish and grumpy. I'll have to take a pass on this.