An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Community Mental Health Centers

Discussion in 'Low Cost and Free Treatment' started by kgord, Sep 5, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Community Champion

It is sometimes possible to get low cost or free treatment in CMHC's.I used to work in one, and some of the individuals were on medicaid, and some were treated on a sliding scale. Of course this center only provided outpatient therapy, but if inpatient treatment isn't mandated it may be the way to go, because since they are in the community and receive local and state funds, they are typically low cost.
  2. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Contributor

That is good to know. Low-income areas are some of the hardest hit by drug addiction yet they do not have the resources to fly off to fancy treatment centers. Outpatient or inpatient, whatever helps those in need. It is a shame to see how much drug addiction has cost humanity.
  3. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Yes, we have that kind of centers as well and they usually offer low prices, but to be honest I have never liked those places. They are so depressing. I guess they can be a real life saver for those who really need it though, most addicts don't have much of an option, I didn't. So I had to take whatever was available to me and here I am!
  4. gloriavitori

gloriavitori Member

Federally funded health centers can also be a good resource for those without health insurance or with a limited budget.