An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Congress Ends Ban On Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Rainman, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Few people will hear of this but Medical Marijuana has quietly got nationwide legislation.

http://marijuanastocks.com/congress-ends-federal-ban-on-medical-marijuana/
    More States will now consider legalizing medical marijuana I suppose. Should they do it I wonder what effect impact it will have.

Would legalizing recreational use follow?
  2. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I wonder why this is being done "quietly"? If it is for medical use than I don't see a problem with it at all. There maybe a tune when it becomes more widespread for recreational use or maybe not. Would marajuana get more attention for recreational use vs medical use?
  3. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

One thing that will change is the use of drug sniffing dogs in most states. In most states where medical marijuana is legal they probably won't train drug sniffing dogs for marijuana since it's legal. People will probably be able to get prescriptions for marijuana instead of other pain killers. Who knows if it will ever be legal for recreational use, probably over time it will.
  4. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Awesome, just some days ago I was reading about a poor woman who had finally found a way to deal with her Crohns disease, but sadly she is now jailed, because in her state medical marijuana is not legal :( Poor woman, not fair that someone who uses this herb to help her deal with such a horrible disease is sent to jail.
  5. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

Slowly creeping toward full legalization. I mean really, the medical benefits have been studied to death already, why not make the drug available to those who need it?
  6. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Well at least this is a good start, hopefully it will be fully recognized and weed will be sold to those who really need it.
  7. eveliner

eveliner Senior Contributor

Because pharmaceutical companies intervene in the process. They make way too much money out of placebo medicine, and marijuana will kill their deceitful business in an instant. But glad to see action is being taken at last. Justice has been brought upon us!
  8. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

This is good news I am all in favor of medical marijuana. The help it has given many people that couldn't turn too any other medication has had an impact on legislation. I on the other hand am not in favor of smoking marijuana, even though medical marijuana isn't supposed to be smoked there are many that do. The gains that you get are cancelled by the diseases that you can get from smoking it.
  9. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

It will be a good thing if legalizing medical marijuana in there is more of a good thing than bad of course. Maybe they have proofs of its effects already. There should be proper supervision when it will be prescribed.
  10. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I think it is a good thing, and those who have a problem with becoming drug dependent, can get cannabis oil that has no THC in it. It is one of the things you might find when you are getting a quality compound that may help you. I think it is an effective way to treat a variety of physical conditions, and cutting out the big drug companies can only be a good thing in my book.
  11. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

Forgot about this obvious fact. Chris Rock said it wonderfully: "the money isn't in the cure, the money's in the medicine".
  12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I think that's great news. I don't have anything against medical marijuana. As long as it's for good reason, I am in favor of the legalization of its usage.
  13. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

It was about time to get nationwide. We are talking about medical marijuana, so that is a positive thing, although I know many people will react to this legislation.
  14. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I think it can be a good thing and also hope more countries do this which can mean that people will use it for their health and also it can help the ones who have back pain and also seizures, which can be something which the modern medicine can make some people addicted to it and instead of getting help they can instead suffer in the long run. I hope that people can use this for their families and also people can be saved as many people have suffered and also hope people get the medication they need. It is interesting to see what happens when people use medical marijuana and also I like what the congress is doing and also other parts of the country need to make sure it is allowed in other countries.
  15. mscooke

mscooke Member

Recreational use of marijuana is legal in Alaska, Colorado, Oregon, Washington and the District of Columbia.