An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by pwarbi, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

This could be the case. This is why it is important that people are careful about when to start and stop there prescriptions especially when it comes to using pain killers. In some cases you may need the medicine prescribed to you, but you have to take it upon yourself to be responsible. I do think that there should be more awareness provided by your healthcare providers about prescription abuse, especially when your provided with it.
  2. danjon

danjon Senior Contributor

A lot of people think that if they're being prescribed something under the guidance of their physician, then their physician would be diligent enough to monitor and rectify any issues with addiction which might spring up.

But this isn't the case. Many family physicians are so burdened both time- and resource-wise that they simply don't have the ability to look after you in such a way. And some of these pain medications are extremely addictive. I became addicted to OTC codeine formulations; I can't imagine how potent something like oxycodone is....
  3. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

I don't have the necessary knowledge to answer your question whether drug addiction theory is a conspiracy or not, but I have been thinking about this lately, and I agree that money is this industry's top priority so anything is possible.
  4. johnstatler14

johnstatler14 Member

Oh, of course pharmaceutical companies are behind the push for more prescription drugs! That's how they make money. They publish studies that 'prove' the effectiveness of their product, but the studies are usually tainted, biased, and paid for by the pharmaceutical company- which would urge the study organization to give the company the results they're looking for, at the expense of the consumer. Psychiatrists need to push prescriptions in order to get a nice paycheck. The whole system is messed up.
  5. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Contributor

I have thought this before. After all, if someone is addicted, it's only more money in their pockets. I am really sick of all these pills they keep coming out with. There are so many people that trust the drug industry and I really feel they shouldn't. It's such a dangerous road to go down.
    I know one person who I am sure is addicted to pain pills. She is sure that it's still pain from her accident, but I believe it's the pills talking. I know many of them make you think you are in pain, so that you will take more. There is no way to talk to her about it, because she is one of those people who just thinks she is so smart. In reality, she is not.
  6. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

You are right that is exactly what is happening to your friend. Unfortunate for her. Some people are asleep to the conspiracy to slowly harm people. They are so belligerent against the truth that they will remain asleep. Apparently they belong that way because there seems no way for them to realize. Their intelligence is so hammered down and muted into ignorance.
    Conspiracy is a secret plan to do something harmful or to destroy. It is that, but it's not so much of a secret anymore. It is a silent civil war.
  7. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Well, pharmaceutical companies are businesses, and they do what they do for profit. Would some nefarious drug companies manipulate things so that they can fatten up their bottom lines? Absolutely! However, I'd also like to think that there are checks and balances, and reasonable amount of legislation in most countries to counter this.