An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cost Anlysis

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by timelord731, Feb 6, 2015.

1. timelord731

timelord731 Senior Contributor

I am doing a research topic on the potenty vs. cost differences in crack and cocaine. So far as I can tell, crack is the more potent of the two and cost less, but has to be vaporized. Cocaine on the other hand, cost more and is less potent, but can be snorted and gummed. Anybody have some input?
  2. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

3. itsnotmeitsu

itsnotmeitsu Member

Crack doesn't cost less as such, it's just that it's sold in smaller amounts most of the time. The smallest amount of powder cocaine that people generally deal with is 1 gram for crack it's more like 0.2 grams. The crack usually costs £10 per 0.1g whereas powder cocaine is between £40-100.

You can easily produce crack from high purity powder cocaine (tends to be the >£80/gram stuff) but doing the same with cheaper stuff will result in very low quality crack.
  4. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I reckon the costs can be a financial strain on people, and a person can get addicted to it and also small amounts can go to more as it is a burden on a person. I think the costs, although small can increase and also a person could spend more money on this instead of the important things in life. Cocaine, is not real in some countries and also may not be the real thing if it is bought from a place which is not as that good.