An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Criminal defense lawyer for drugs case

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Tegan Henry, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Tegan Henry

Tegan Henry Member

Hey guys, hope that I am in the right place.
    My brother was caught by police last, for carrying drugs in the car he traveled. He was traveling with his friends to attend a party at night. One of his friends' cousins also accompanied them. My brother was seeing him for the first time.
    He was the person who carried drugs with him. Police caught their car and found the drugs that cousin carried. They all were arrested by the police for carrying drugs with them.
    My parents consulted a famous criminal defense lawyer in Toronto and discussed the matter. He promised us for helping us from this situation.
    Does anyone face similar experiences ever? Can you please share the experiences with the lawyer?
    I am eagerly waiting for your reply.
    Thanks
  2. TimPeake

TimPeake Member

OMG this is a terrible situation. The police don't really like to figure out who's to blame and who's not. It's easier to put everyone in jail and get rid of them. In fact, the reason may be that your brother seemed suspicious to them. My friend from the university had a similar situation when he was also arrested because he has a different skin color. Usually the police think that black people have crime in their blood. His family turned to a civil rights lawyer. In court, my friend was acquitted, the court considered these accusations racist. So everything ended well for him, read more here.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  3. lovecraftXIX

lovecraftXIX Member

4. lovecraftXIX

lovecraftXIX Member

Difficult to say what is going to happen next. I mean, there are countries much more flexible when it comes to drugs and there are states like Mexico where it is going to be so bad...i guess it depends on the dose they had there, also their history, is they are clean and this is only the first time they got into troubles, maybe the judgement will not be so bad. For example my san diego bankruptcy attorney helped me to get out of difficulties with my company really easy, but my brother in Europe, had a lot of bureaucracy because of some bad credit history. I hope that your brother had no troubles with the police and they will just let him.
  5. RSH85

RSH85 Member

Here are 3 tips to start with:
    Being prepared for the appointment (read reviews on your lawyer online - I read on myler disability reviews and it helped)
    Questions you should ask
    Things you should do after the appointment
    Your lawyer must tell you the likely costs of your case before they start work.
  6. Sebasty1987

Sebasty1987 Member

God, what bad luck for your brother! First of all, you should tell him not to get mixed up with people like that, because he'll only get him into trouble! But if it's already happened, he'll probably need an experienced lawyer to prove in court that he's not guilty. It will be a challenging trial, but the critical factor here is to find a lawyer, and don't forget to tell him how it was! I'm telling you right off the bat, maybe your brother won't go to jail, but there will definitely be a big fine, trust me... Recently my best friend was in the same situation, and he was helped by a lawyer I know from this office https://waymanandlong.co.uk/. Everything went smoothly, but the fine was still hefty...
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021