An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

CSB (Community Service Boards) for substance abuse treatment

Discussion in 'Low Cost and Free Treatment' started by movingforward1, Aug 1, 2015.

1. movingforward1

movingforward1 Active Contributor

Has anyone else used a CSB (community service board) for their substance abuse treatment? They are basically government funded offices that handle mental health and substance abuse services for low-income individuals in the US. They have a lot of resources, but the services are sub-par and the waiting list can be over a year, unless you are proven dangerous to yourself. They offer group therapy, case management, and medications on a sliding scale or free, and are able to help with placement for detox and rehab. If you are in need of low-cost services in the United States, I would recommend checking out your local CSB.
    kjones likes this.
  2. kjones

kjones Member

I don't know anyone who is signed up for CBS service. (not that I know of...maybe they are keeping it a secret) - I'm having a big problem with what you said about the wait. If there is a year waiting list, can this really help?

I know a service for housing nearby my location that has such a waiting list, but people can kinda scrounge and get by until they get approved. But I cannot see how a sick person can wait on a list for a year. That is so sad.

There is one particular doctor here who accepts medicaid for his suboxone clinic, and there is a big waiting list for those spots. I'm not sure why they have to have a waiting list just to get that patient in there and get them started on some sort of recovery program.