An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Damaging the nose?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Miaka_M, May 10, 2015.

1. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Active Contributor

Cocaine use does damage the nose after a while. During the snorting process, it can rub against the internal walls of the nose, damaging them. Technically, snorting anything can damage the nasal passage's linings. Regardless of whether being snorted or injected directly into the bloodstream, the drug adversely impacts the user.
  2. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

That second picture is just shocking, she literally destroyed her nose, how could she come to a point where that happens? A stunning example of what drugs do to us!
  3. henry

henry Community Champion

Yep, the first things to go are you nose hairs. You end up snorting them along with the coke. It depends on how often you do it and the quality of the coke you're buying. Low quality coke can mess-up your nose really fast because they mix it with a whole lot of crap.
  4. sunflogun

Nose hairs are not a major issue when comparing with the destruction of the nose structure, but they would be a sign that something is wrong. People simple don't care, they just want their fix.
  5. whitenoise

whitenoise Senior Contributor

My teacher was a cocaine addicted and it was a bit weird the lessons with her because he kept sniffing and everytime we listened to the noise that he was making we were all rolloing on the floor laughing (someone did it literally). Lately we found out that he kept sniffing because she was a cocaine addicted and suddenly all the laughs went away. So I think that the cocaine has some effects on the nose.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I'm really surprised that my nose has remained intact after all the years of coke abuse I put it through. This thread reminds me that I made the right choice in quitting so thanks!
  7. katherine25

katherine25 Senior Contributor

I have many cases of where snorting cocaine leads to nose bleed issues, I have never looked further into it though. I never know what else it could do to your nose but after reading this it all makes sense! Its scary how much damage it can do.
  8. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

Cocaine use is dangerous as we see in the photo of Daniella Westbrook, as she was good looking in the first photo and than changed when she took it and also the condition of her in the second one is bad. It is interesting how the face changes and also, how cocaine can change your life for the worse not for the better. Some people are under the belief that it won't happen to them and think it is something to enjoy but the changes in the body and financial cost are too high to use it.
  9. sunflogun

The face changes, the body changes, the mind changes, everything changes vegito and changes for the worse. We become shadows of a person with dead eyes and we are the true zombies while consuming.
  10. Bonzer

Bonzer Community Champion

The inner lining of nose is made up of mucus membrane and is very smooth. Snorting a harsh chemical would definitely spoil the lining and causes abrasions in the early stage. If you keep doing the drug, it worsens the situation and results in inflammation, infection and blockage of nasal passage. There are a host of other problems as other members suggested. Snorting can cause Cancer too.
  11. sunflogun

And you are talking just about the inner lining, but from that picture above it was not just the inner lining that was destroyed, it was the whole nose structure, so there is the devil's hand in that!
  12. floeyes

floeyes Member

So I understand that it can damage your nose, but what are the things that come along with it, maybe a runny nose at most? Why would you care? Sack up people your nose is,not something vital to your health so who cares
  13. sunflogun

OK, so you have to be joking floeyes and I don't believe you have seen the pictures, the nose actually gets destroyed, even with holes in it. I am assuming you are pro drugs?
  14. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Doesn't this apply to almost any drug taken up the nose?
  15. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

Jesus! I am not sure if you are trolling, ignorant or just plain stupid. Just look at the pictures.
  16. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Pretty much, yes. I think the damage happens a lot quicker with cocaine than it does with many other drugs though, due to cocaine being a local anesthetic. It's well known that cocaine constricts blood flow throughout the entire body which can lead to all sorts of complications, including hypothermia, so it should be no surprise that it can do such damage to the nose.
    JonnyMacdonald likes this.
  17. sunflogun

I never thought about that and I am glad to be ignorant on that particular. I mean, apart from cocaine what other drugs are taken through the nose?
  18. akko

akko Member

It most certainly damages the nose. Depending on how much cocaine is abused, people are able to avoid permanent nose damage if they quit early on or avoid snorting cocaine overall.
  19. juanperez1990

juanperez1990 Active Contributor

It does. Supposedly cocaine itself will not, but there is no such thing as pure cocaine unless you are buying in bulk at Colombia. For cocaine to get to your hands, it goes through many, many hands first. Every time it changes hands you can bet your life these criminals are taking a little. Say they only take an eight ball (3.5 grams) from the kilo, they still have to replace that missing quantity or else their bosses won't be too happy and they throw all kinds of stuff in there to make up for the missing 3.5. It goes through so many hands that even if you manage to find a good connection that will sell you the stuff unadulterated by him, it will still not be pure cocaine. You are very lucky if you find %70 cocaine. Regular street cocaine is only composed of %30 cocaine!! Who knows what you are snorting? If you are an addict and drop a line every hour or less, your nose is constantly covered in abrasive white dust with all kinds of chemicals in it. This will eat up your cartilage eventually.
  20. sunflogun

That's right, we don't know what we are snorting, but that happens with all other drugs too. The fact is that in the nose the damages are more visible, the brain for example has to be really destroyed as well.