An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Damaging the nose?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Miaka_M, May 10, 2015.

1. Rex

Rex Community Champion

Yes it will destroy!!!! your nose if you develope a habit. Not a good substance at all. I would advice anyone never to try it. I'ts a very addictive substance
  2. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

It is really awful the damage that can be done. I have heard of addicts having to have surgery in most instances.
  3. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I knew someone who used to snort coke. The thing is, it has to cause some damage to the nose if people who use it are sniffing all the time for no reason. I don't know exactly in medical terms what it does, but I've seen people not breathing right from doing this. If it seems like the person always has sinus problems there something going on inside there nose. This is the reason I never tried this.
  4. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

Not breathing right is the least of the problems because as we could see from the pictures above the nose can get holes in it, totally destroyed!!
  5. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

What happens is, first off, cocaine numbs your nose as you snort it. So it doesn't hurt at all. The damage that it causes is it can create a hole in your septum if its used too often, for too long. Once that happens there is no surgery to fix it. The biggest concern with coke is what it can do to your heart and blood pressure.
  6. sunflogun

Yes, that is the issue, as cocaine numbs the nose we have no feeling and the danger is precisely there, we can damage it without a feeling. Scary!!
  7. LilAnn

In my experience, coke is a more mellow feeling than what I've seen from people on meth. I guess meth makes you feel invincible, and coke just makes you feel numb... physically and emotionally. I can't imagine the possible dangers of regular coke use. It isn't the same as meth, but it can be just as devastating.
  8. sunflogun

That's the issue with drugs, they don't respect the body and they take us away from reality, so we destroy ourselves and all the ones around us.
  9. LilAnn

Absolutely! I've often wondered why people do it. Do they not believe the bad things will happen to them? Or do they just not think about it at all? Or do they just not care?
  10. sunflogun

I think they simply don't know what it's coming, at least it was my case. Lack of guidance make me try drugs, I liked it and before I knew it it was just too late.
  11. LilAnn

Thats why I have made my children watch "faces of meth" and look at before and after pictures of Lindsy Lohan. That way they can see it for themselves. It may seem like I'm trying to scare them into staying away. And if it works, you can call it whatever you want lol
  12. McGuire

McGuire Member

As said by many above it damages all sorts of things... your tongue, your mouth, your esophagus, your teeth, etc. Its a really nast drug, to say the least.. I saw a post not too long ago about a dentist who was working on a patient who didnt have the "punching bag" in the back and had a huge black hole.. all from cocaine. So yeah it reeks havoc.
  13. sunflogun

Lohan is a great example of someone who had it all and destroyed herself because of drugs. Rather impressive that with all these examples people continue to consume.
  14. LilAnn

Oh my goodness, I know. Did you see Jael (from Americans next top model)? jael.jpg
    sunflogun likes this.
  15. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

That is so scary! That is your body falling apart right before your eyes. I never knew that snorting cocain could do that type of damage. I thought it would cause breathing problems and what not.
  16. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

I have watched my friend roll up a dollar bill and snort cocaine. Of course I would then see her wipe her nose a lot afterwards. My boyfriend back in my teens would snort it off a little metal spoon he had on a key chain. He would wipe his nose a lot as well. So when I see people wipe there nose a lot I wonder if they are on coke.
  17. MrAmazingMan1

MrAmazingMan1 Active Contributor

cocaine is a mixture of chemicals. It is not something the nose was designed to take in. therefore I don't have a doubt in my mind that there can be serious consequences if you're an addict to it. I have heard of some cases where the nose almost completely deteriorates from the face.
  18. LilAnn

I'm not sure about the nose deteriorating off of the face. I say this because after the center of your nose gets a hole in it, you can't snort anymore. The guy I knew who got the hole had to put it in a shot glass with water and ingest it that way.
  19. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

Did the guy ever say anything about having stomach problems? I don't know if drinking it would cause problems like messing with the stomach lining.
  20. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

As far as I am aware, it can only cause respiratory problems from smoking it (crack cocaine) which can cause asphyxia, although normal cocaine can cause shortness of breath. A more common side effect of cocaine which most people are unaware of is that it can cause hypothermia from causing the contraction of blood vessels which is also a symptom of (meth)amphetamine abuse which can also increase the likelihood of the user having an aortic spasm.