An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Dangers of Meth

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by darkrebelchild, Apr 6, 2016.

1. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I read in the news last night about four grown men who raped a nine year old girl while her mother was high on meth.

Mothers should please choose between their children and substances; you cannot have them both. It is already devastating the woman was unmindful of the horrors happening to her child while she was in her own zone.
  2. remnant

remnant Community Champion

This brings to attention the probability of the fact that most of the gory crimes (including terrorism) or the depravity happening in the society can be partly attributed to drugs. The problem with most other forms of drugs other than alcohol and cigarettes is that they take long to clear from the mind due to their intensity rendering a temporary dysfunctional state in which a person's cognitive faculties are compromised.
  3. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

4. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Active Contributor

That's really horrible, kids and substance abuse should never go together. Most of the times substance abuse just leads to others feeling pain.
  5. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Oh my goodness! That's just terrible. How can they do that to an innocent child?

And the mother is just in the garage smoking meth?

@LoveEcho, thank you for posting the link to the article. Rape is a horrible crime and it should not happen to anyone, especially to a young child.
  6. LoveEcho

Yes :( it's horrible how often it happens. I see it in my news feed way too often. This is the latest news story to make me physically sick...

http://ktla.com/2016/03/28/indiana-man-charged-with-rape-murder-in-1-year-olds-death/
  7. Mara

Mara Community Champion

8. LoveEcho

The things I see on the news make me so sad... I have a two year old daughter and the rage, disgust and complete udder sadness I have about that whole incident is insane. :(