An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Day 11 sober

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by Anonymous12356, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Anonymous12356

Anonymous12356 Active Contributor

Hey guys just about to complete my 11th day sober after about a month and half long binge on marijuana. This is my longest time spent sober from weed and the cravings are starting to get a little weaker. I have strong cravings at night when I would always smoke but when I wake up in the morning it is gone and I’m glad I did not put my thoughts into action. I’ve also noticed I’m getting better at managing cravings by letting them rage in my mind but just waiting and later they leave and I’m left with peace of mind. Just thought I’d share my story but the cravings at night are still strong af! Feel free to give me any support/comments. Thank you
    Joshstillclean and lonewolves like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Eleven days sober is FANTASTIC, @Anonymous12356! Congrats, my friend! I'm super proud of you!

I'm glad to hear the cravings are lessening overall. I bet those nighttime ones can be a b*tch, though. Maybe try some deep-breathing exercises when those cravings hit you before bedtime. There are certain breathing exercises that can help reduce stress and promote quicker, better sleep. I use this one all the time:

3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Anonymous12356 i'm glad to hear that you're doing well and congrats on your 11th day clean from marijuana!

that's great! they say cravings only last so long, so like a surfer rides a wave, ride the wave of the craving, knowing that it will not last that long... and you'll be free from that feeling or compulsion to use here soon.

thanks for the update!! :) have a great weekend!
    deanokat likes this.
  4. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

I can’t wait until I can say that! It feels like the day will never come.
    Joshstillclean, Dominica and deanokat like this.
  5. deanokat

You can get there, @lonewolves. I know you can. Keep trying. Don't give up. And know that we're here to help, support, and encourage you.
    Joshstillclean and Dominica like this.
  6. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@lonewolves i hear you...but we do have great faith in you! keep going.... you just keep going no matter what!
    deanokat likes this.
  7. deanokat

@Anonymous12356... How are you doing, my friend? It's been a while since we've heard from you. Hope things are going well. Check in with us if you have a spare minute.
  8. 11 days, thats awesome. I fell off and relapsed but got back up and on day 2. Insomnia sucked last night but wasnt that bad. Looking forward to no weed weeks and months.
    deanokat likes this.
  9. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@Trevor a new day that's awesome! Can you start a new thread in tell your story and tell us a little about yourself?
    deanokat likes this.
  10. deanokat