An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Day 2 feeling nervous...

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Dm993, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Dm993

Dm993 Member

I got really choked up reading your reply, thank you. Your support means alot and I feel completely isolated and alone, especially since no one even knows what's really going on with me at home. I have found more support today in this group than I ever expected and I desperately needed it. Thank you.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

We all care,some of us have suffered the same,some have watched loved one's suffer,some just have a true love for humanity...Regardless of who we are or why we do...We Care and we want to be there as much as possible in anyway possible.Stay Strong and if you feel weak lean on us
    deanokat and Dm993 like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Hey, @Dm993... How are you doing today? I put the emphasis on today because that's really all any of us have. Yesterday's water under the bridge, and tomorrow might not even come. So concentrate on today. One day at a time! Please check in with us when you have a chance.
    Dm993 and True concern like this.
  4. True concern

Please give this...us...yourself...and everyone who may read you're story a chance,a chance to open the blinds and let in some light that the isolation has taken from you.Even if it only happens here please keep sharing, venting,releasing.Over time the feedback you will receive here will slowly eliminate that feeling of isolation, I know simply because that's exactly what I did and if you go back to when I first started sharing I was lost,empty,ashamed, I hated myself, I felt alone,I couldn't stand my own reflection in the mirror. I am human so obviously there are time's where I still feel isolated like today,I spent nearly a year aggressively breaking down my own perception of me,I put literally everything on this site,I cried,I complained, I questioned why I even tried,I was full of self pity and I shared all that vulnerability right here and I slowly started to mend my own perception of me.I still constantly read and post,in the beginning reading all these stories made me cry...alot it broke my heart to read the pain other's were dealing with and I tried to respond to everyone, I tried to deliver Hope even though I couldn't find my own,but without even knowing it I was helping myself by allowing other's to get to know my own pain.Today I got turned down for a dream job I thought I had in the bag,today I am a bit sad and depressed but I will be ok,if I had gone through this 1 year ago I would have locked myself in a room with multiple case's of beer and a huge bag of dope and honestly I wouldn't have cared if I lived or died.I know you're struggling right now but keep sharing,keep venting and all those thing's that torment you inside slowly start to release them,at you're pace don't rush anything to fast but little by little release the pain and I promise you it will change you're life for the better.I pray you check in here today if nothing else just to say hello:)
    Dm993 and deanokat like this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Dm993 no giving up... glad to hear that!!! maybe it's time to revisit your faith ;)

i hope your day is going well. know that we are here and we'll be checking in this weekend!
    deanokat, Dm993 and True concern like this.
  6. Dm993

Dm993 Member

I'm doing ok, it has been an emotional rollercoaster and I'm trying to figure out how to get through the next week... My husband came home last night and we are going on several trips. One a short two day trip tomorrow and another week and half trip with his mother Christmas day. Oh and we are driving so I won't be able to hide any alcohol and I know I will probably feel stressed and I don't know how I'm going to cope. I guess it is the perfect time to stop drinking.
  7. Dm993

Dm993 Member

I'm sorry about you not getting your dream job, as I read your replies I feel like you understand exactly where I'm at. Thank you and I appreciate your support.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  8. True concern

I care,and I do understand. I am going to be creating a thread now that may disappoint many but I have to stay true to my struggle as well. STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    Dm993 and deanokat like this.
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You can get through it, @Dm993. I know you can. Take it one day at a time. One hour at a time. Even one minute at a time if you have to. And feel free to check in with us anytime you need to.
    Dm993 and True concern like this.