An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Day 2 Please help

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Momboss, Aug 2, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Ya I understand that sleep being difficult, I now only sleep about 2-3 hour's a night now if Im lucky.I fell asleep last night for about 45 min and woke up.Im going to try and sleep a little more right now but I will be back awake in a very short time.Im proud of you 55 hour's is amazing.Stay Strong you got this
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

You're doing great, @Momboss. And I'm sooooo proud of you! Keep drinking lots of water. It will help cleanse your system. Come here and lean on us if you need anything today, okay?
    Dominica, True concern and Momboss like this.
  3. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

Congratulations on 57 hours and 15 minutes @Momboss !
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  4. Momboss

Momboss Active Contributor

I’m awake now and cleaning my sons room. I looked at my Apple Watch heart rate thing and my heart rate dropped to 40 bpm (which is rare for me) my anxiety is super high and now I’m convinced I’ll probably die in my sleep. My bp is still high but now I’m afraid to take my meds. I take metoprolol 50mg.
    I’m still getting the hot flashes, but every please tell me every hour that passes it gets better, because today I don’t feel any better.
  5. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

Your addiction will try and convince you that you’re better off drinking. This feeling will not last, I promise. You can do this @Momboss !! When your thoughts get the best of you, focus on your breath. Just breathe in and out and be aware of every inhale and exhale. You got this, momma!
  6. deanokat

It will get better, @Momboss. @lonewolves is right: Take some deep breaths. Deep breathing exercises have done wonders for me and my anxiety. We're all in your corner, my friend!
    Dominica and True concern like this.
  7. Momboss

Momboss Active Contributor

I’ve made it to 72 hours! Now if I can just go to sleep and wake up tomorrow I’m praying I’ll not have such horrid anxiety. I did start feeling a little settled by the end of the day and got a lot of house stuff done.
    Dominica, True concern and lonewolves like this.
  8. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Momboss 72 hours! WOOHOO!! this is wonderful news!!! i'm hoping you got some good sleep last night and that you feel so much better today!!! sending prayers your way... speedy recovery...feeling better...feeling hopeful...and happy!!

check in and let us know how you're doing my dear!
  9. deanokat

YESSSSSSS!!! So proud of you, @Momboss!!! :)
    True concern likes this.