An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Day 3 of tramadol withdrawal and I need support!

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Jean756, Nov 3, 2018.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I think we should put in an order for some new emojis, just for @True concern! :eek:
    True concern likes this.
  2. deanokat

I'm happy this community helped you, @Jean756. That's what we're here for. I know it can be hard to talk to people about addiction issues. But we are always here to listen, help, support, etc. And we'll do it all without judgment. So you are safe here. Always.

Keep up the great work!!! :)
  3. deanokat

Whew!!!
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I approve this message :):confused:
    deanokat likes this.
  5. laura_p17

laura_p17 Member

I sure know how this goes. Hiding your struggle from the people closest to you. We're in the same boat. Feel free to message me and maybe we can help each other through the thick of it.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. I’ve dealt with Rx opiate addiction most of my life I am 24 and have been clean for 13 months.
    I was addicted to tramadol first from age 15-19 years old and it was one of the worst drugs I’ve ever quit even worse than oxy, opanas, etc.
    it has SSRI activity as well as at the opiate receptors so if you really want to quit I have a few methods for you.

1. Suboxone/Clonidime/Mirtazapine/Wellbutrin SR. 6months-1yr. My favorite route.

(If you won’t go the suboxone route then)

2. Clonidine/Xanax/SSRI for 4-6months (quit Xanax after 7days.)

Or at the very least

3. Low dose Xanax or Klonopin (Klonopin proffered if using this method) 1x mid day and again 1x night time one hour before bed, for a total of 2x daily for 7-10 days, then switch to gabapentin for 4-6 months to help yourself heal.

This drug is known to induce PAWS which can be sometimes debilitating long after you have detoxed.

I have faith in you, I KNOW that you can do this. PM me if you ever need to talk and the same to anybody else who reads this message.

[As always any of these drugs should be prescribed by your GP/Psych as well as be used only under their care as to not start another addiction. These are just suggestions to ask them for. I hope this info comes late and you have already managed to quit, but Incase you didn’t I wanted to post because I know how hard a seemingly mild drug can be to quit, even for the strongest of willed people.]
    deanokat, True concern and Dominica like this.
  7. laura_p17

laura_p17 Member

Just a quick note from personal experience: Mirtazapine really doesn't do much.

I can definitely vouch for Klonopin. It works wonders for me.

Why do you think it's harder to quit than opiates? Because it's an upper? Just curious.
    Dominica likes this.
  8. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@laura_p17 hey there! thanks for your input... i'm confused as to what you're asking is harder to quit than opiates? ;) just curious..haha

@RxOpiateSurvivior thank you so much for sharing. i'm glad you've been able to get off opioids...and sounds like you've learned a lot along the way.... welcome to the forum and hope to keep seeing you around!
    deanokat likes this.
  9. deanokat

Thanks for your insight, @RxOpiateSurvivior. Big congrats to you on your 13 months of clean time. That's awesome! Just keep going!
  10. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@laura_p17 how are you doing?Are you still struggling with pills?No judgement just wondering, have a beautiful blessed day
    Dominica and deanokat like this.