An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Day-7 last day I’ll post daily progression

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Ecantu88, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Ecantu88

Ecantu88 Senior Contributor

Hello to all my buddies @True concern @Onceaddicted77 and @Joshstillclean, well it’s day seven and this is when I promised myself a one day at a time approach and stopped counting days as victories and live them to the fullest instead. If I recall correctly it was @Bullwinkle who stated that he doesn’t track his sobriety by anniversaries rather he just lives a clean day at at a time. Please don’t get me wrong I’ll still keep some type of mental calendar of my progress but I won’t pressure myself or want to celebrate anniversaries.
    So having said that the dialogue I have started with new brothers in arms I want to keep on going since I find it therapeutic and necessary as well as fun as hell.
    I found that just in reading everybody's post I enlighten myself, find courage and gather important knowledge for my continued journey. I have also found that actively contributing with other threads and offering up some type of advice has served useful to me and hopefully to the person receiving it. This is a great forum and it needs to continue to live and I will still need my good friends since my journey has just begun. My prayers to my friends and all who are in our struggle “ God bless”
  2. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam Zapping Super Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Awesome brother please do stick around and continue to chat with us. :)
  3. Davers

Davers Active Contributor

God Bless you if this beautiful , world.
    &
    Like you stated " Day by Day " .
    Davey
    Ecantu88 likes this.
  4. Onceaddicted77

Proud of you btw way brother @Ecantu88 for going 7 days so far!
    Ecantu88 likes this.
  5. Ecantu88

Ecantu88 Senior Contributor

I’ll have to admit if it wasn’t for the three amigos @True concern @Joshstillclean and yourself I would have hard a much tougher time getting through this or at all. Giving hope and support is not something everyone does, but you guys have our backs and truly care. thanks my brothers !
    True concern likes this.
  6. Onceaddicted77

It truly is my pleasure brother. Glad to get to know ya.
  7. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I agree with @Onceaddicted77 it's been my pleasure, helping one another should be second nature for all human's