New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Day 7!!!!

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Momboss, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Momboss

Momboss Active Contributor

I have made it to day 7! I’m feeling a bit calmer and settled, my blood pressure has improved, still high but not in crisis levels, I’m not getting as many sweaty episodes either. I think I had 2 yesterday. My anxiety is still and issue as that’s always been there alcohol just made it worse. The real test is coming up next Monday when the kids go back to school, and my youngest starts pre-K. I need to not get bored, that’s usually when I’ll have a drink. I also have a lot of out of the house time this week which is another reason why I would drink, I hate leaving my house. A shot or two would make it easier, then i would “reward” myself when I got home because I left. I feel like I have the ability to do this and not drink I just need to build my strength and confidence in myself.
    I want to thank @lonewolves and @deanokat @True concern, @Dominica, you guys are true angels and probably saved me from falling into a black hole!
    lonewolves, True concern and deanokat like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Momboss... Big congratulations to you on making it to Day 7!!! That is AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you're starting to feel better, too. Definitely start planning ways to stay busy when your kids go back to school. You need to alleviate the boredom that could be a trigger for you. Maybe start making lists of things you can do. And physical exercise, even if it's just going for a walk around the block, will be helpful, too. When the body's endorphins are flowing, it can keep away that urge to drink.

We are here for you and happy to help you on your journey. You are doing this, my friend!!! Just keep going!!! :)
  3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

I'm super glad to hear this! Congratulations on one week sober! This truly is remarkable and I'm glad that your health is improving as well. I think many of us can relate to anxiety, so know that you're not alone on that end. I'm not sure how much of a reader you are, but perhaps when the kids are gone you can take up to reading a good book. Learning various stress or anxiety reduction skills can be valuable. Also maybe watching some YouTube videos by therapists on the topic. Just kind of continue to feed your mind inspiring and motivational things everyday. It's the mindset that we're working with here, as it can get way off sometimes.

And certainly take some time to write here anytime you're feeling anxious or craving a drink. Just try to think of how you'll feel afterwards, and how you don't want to feel altered or disappointed. And certainly just reach out for help anytime.

Again, proud of you and happy for you!
    Momboss, True concern and deanokat like this.
  4. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

This is the best news I’ve heard all week! Yay!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Momboss I am so proud of you and the other's above have given some great advice to help you stay on the sober path and i believe those thing's will absolutely help on your journey. This is just AWESOME news.Some of the best news I've heard all week to echo my friend @lonewolves .I love this community, genuine individuals with genuine concern.:)
    deanokat and lonewolves like this.
  6. True concern

True concern Community Champion

@Momboss I believe you are wrapping up day 9 without alcohol and if so yaaaaaa awesome, however in the off chance you slipped up just know we are here for you, if you have stumbled reachout so we can help you back up,of course I am not saying you have but just incase I want you to know your still freakin awesome and the road to recovery is full of up's and down's and personally I would love to hear how your doing. Remember you are not alone in this and you don't have to do this alone.So hope to hear from you soon have a beautiful evening.Stay Strong and God Bless.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Hey, @Momboss... Check in with us when you have a chance, okay? We'd love to hear how things are going with you. We are here and we care.
    True concern likes this.