An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Dealing with life problems

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Simkata, Nov 3, 2014.

1. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

First and foremost a warm welcome and thank you for opening up. I congratulate you for overcoming your tribulations and extending a helping hand to those still afflicted by this scourge of drug addiction. Your story serves as a real inspiration to the majority of us who have trodden on that path and have either triumphed or are on the verge of claiming victory over our battles with drugs.
  2. caparica007

caparica007 Active Contributor

Yeah and we see that happen all the time in school or where we live, the persons who we hang out with determine our life style and the substances we consume.
    stariie likes this.
  3. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Active Contributor

I agree - something we do trying to hide away from inevitability and I agree we need to face the truth and what is currently going on.
  4. Davienna

Davienna Community Champion

You remind me so much of myself, being an introvert and getting jealous! Thank God I am getting past that and I did not turn to drugs for help, a little alcohol I did:( Your story is truly motivating and it will definitely help others here.
  5. bourge_21

bourge_21 Senior Contributor

This is a universal issue. We all encounter trials throughout life's journey and it depends on how we respond to these trials that make us fighters. A friend once said that pain means life. When we feel pain, we feel alive. This, however, doesn't mean that life is all about pain. It just shows how fragile human emotion is to pain. That's why we it is of our choosing whether we engage in addiction or live a more meaningful life. God bless you anyway.
  6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdvice Active Contributor

Alright, good post, and here's my advice as your peer, do not care too much about friends, some friends change, it sounds a little selfish and harsh and I wish it wasn't so but it is, just continue to focus on developing as a wonderful person and the right people who will respect you will come along and attach to you like magnet. You seem very smart, so you should get over your hurdles in due time. Everything takes a little time.
  7. caparica007

caparica007 Active Contributor

I believe we have the capacity to make our own destiny if we set our efforts into that and I feel that is the most powerful message we can pass here in our community.