An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Depressed b/c of heroin.

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by HateHeroin, Jun 29, 2015.

1. HateHeroin

HateHeroin Member

My sons father has negatively impacted my son because of his heroin addiction. My son is now five and expressing the pain he feels from his dad. His dad was in and out of his/our lives b/c of his addiction until a year ago when I cut him off. A year later he was 90 days sober and I let him back into our lives. Surprise surprise he began to use again and live an unacceptable lifestyle. Now my kid cries for him, acts up in school, has gotten expelled twice, has to go to therapy. I fucking hate heroin and I hate what it did and does to my sons dad. The pain never goes away and now I know my son feels it to and it enrages me.
  2. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know that pain is deep and it's something that's hard to cope with and you struggle. I don't know how to help or say things that will comfort, but God can comfort you and you have hope. Have faith in God, pray and cry out to him, cry out to him diligently, he really will hear your voice and answer.
  3. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I know how you must feel, but I also appreciate the fact you decided to just lay it out in here, so that's a first step. My advice for you would be to personally talk to the kid, not always bring him to therapy since it won't endlessly help, and I'm sure you'll see that someday. It's not your fault, of course, but if the father isn't willing at all to be at least a decent person, then you must fix things by yourself, for the sake of your son. You must wear the pants and the dress at the same time.
  4. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Nothing lasts forever so although pain is inevitable, you can choose whether or not to suffer. The thing with pain, though, is that it's not permanent. You have to know that life itself is ephemeral so even your feelings, no matter how negative they are, will not be there forever. Please just hate heroin but don't hate your husband. I hope you can still see the good in him and support him until he recovers. He's at a point in his life where he no longer has control over himself. Your child will feel grateful that you didn't abandon his father. You can also solicit the help of friends and family members. Don't shoulder this problem alone.