An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Describe your first use

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by LaikaComeHome, Apr 7, 2015.

1. LaikaComeHome

LaikaComeHome Member

What age did you first use marijuana? With who? Where were you? What was the experience like for you? Did you try it again? If so, why? If not, why not?
  2. AAngelo

AAngelo Senior Contributor

I was in college. I was with my friends and we were sitting on benches in a parking lot. I was nervous back then because the guards were pretty much everywhere. Then they started lighting it up and I thought the guards won't notice and think they were just cigarettes. Then I got a whiff of it for the first time and thought we were gonna get kicked out of school. Of course the guard noticed. One suddenly came up and said "Just don't let the professors know". My friends started laughing because I was noticeably shaking as the guard got closer. They didn't tell me they were cool with the guards.

After that, I started smoking. I coughed like hell and the continuous coughing kept me from keeping count of the hits I was taking. I got so baked. I ate whatever I could find at a snack shack and I couldn't stop smiling. It was like a normal pot session for me. We were laughing at the corniest jokes and making fun of the most mundane things. Ever since then, I was toking with my friends almost every Friday.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

I first started smoking weed when I was about 15. Well, that's when I first tried it anyway. I started smoking it regularly a few year later, maybe 18 or 19 years old.

I guess at first it was because I wanted to fit in, I had friends who smoked it and I was already smoking cigarettes, only a couple a day, but when I was offered it I thought, yeah why not. Where I grew up it was a very mixed neighbourhood and in my circle of friends, there was 3 brothers, who were originally from Jamaica. They where the same age as me, and when we went round to their house they lived with their dad and grandparents and they were all Rastafarians, and as soon as you walked in the house they'd pass you a joint.

It was more like a 'welcome to our home', type of gesture. Instead of asking if a guest wanted a drink or somthing to eat, they rolled them a joint.

It was part of their culture and heritage, they'd always smoked marijuana, so it was part of their way of life.
  4. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I was with a couple of friends from college. One of them had been using it for quite a while and he offered to let us try, so we did. It didn't do anything to me at all the first time, probably because I didn't really know what to expect. It would have been considered quite potent back then but recent tests show that the Marijuana on the streets of the UK now is three times as strong as it was back then. It was also a different type - resin, rather than bud. Bud was rare back then and resin was everywhere. Now it's the opposite way round.
  5. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I first tried it when I was 14 - a schoolfriend passed me the joint in the local park one evening and I thought I'd give it a go. I'd already smoked cigarettes by then so I knew what I was doing. I didn't actually get high at all - apparently this is quite common for first-time users but the next time I smoked some, I was in hysterics, laughing at the most mundane things, just like a previous poster has told us.
  6. nm1180

nm1180 Member

I was 15 and I just fell asleep for a couple hours. Woke up starving. Didn't have that much of a good time. Second time I was in a fun situation and it was the best time ever.
  7. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I was 16 when I first tried out marijuana. I bought it from a dealer, but I just gave my classmate money and he was sort of the "middleman" and he gave the stuff to me at school. I was at home and all alone when I tried it. I bought some cigarettes and I removed the cigarette leaves first and I inserted the marijuana there. I felt high for an hour or two, then I felt depressed for no reason after the high feeling waned. The high was good while it lasted, but the depressing effect that you get afterwards is not worth it.
  8. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I think I was 15. We were at the beach just hanging out. My cousin pulled out a bud and we used a aluminum can to smoke. Needless to say, we got stone and damn we got really hungry!!!! It was the first time and thank god I did not get addicted to it.
  9. 6up

6up Community Champion

I first smoke marijuana while in high school. That is when I heard stories about marijuana and I really wanted to try it out. All I got was negative effects including tiredness and headaches. I lost appetite and whenever I smoked, I could not perform any duty. I can not blame it on my friends but for my now am alright since I stopped smoking.
  10. Bluesman

Bluesman Member

I tried it when I was 18 or so. Me and some of my friends went on a trip and one guy brought weed with him. We all smoked and I wasn't affected by it (I heard it might happen the first time), but my friends got a serious case of panic attack. They were stitting in the dark wondering when the drug's gonna wear off, unable to do anything. Nasty stuff.
  11. My first use was so crazy!

I got so scared and I was like "Oh no! I can't breathe! Please give me a CPR! Bring me to the hospital please, I AM DYING!". My friend calmed me down and gave me a loaf of bread and instant spicy noodles. I ate it all. I felt so hungry and it felt like I have not eaten for days. I was laughing at the ceiling fan, too. I actually imagined tons of funny things that time.
  12. I tried it when I was 16.
  13. fagoot1

fagoot1 Member

My first use was when I went to a trip with my friends and they rolled some while we were in the car and kept insisting on trying it. I was 16 back then so I said what the hell.
    I felt light headed and relaxed and I was in a pretty good mood.
    These days, I only smoke when I'm offered something since I'm afraid I'll be addicted (I know they are aren't addicting physically) to it.
  14. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

I was 18. I just graduated High School. Until then I was in Stand Tall (The Anti Drug Program) and I never really understood why. I wanted to know why I was standing against something because someone else told me it was the right thing to do. I had to see for myself. And the first use, they packed a bong to the top. Told me to finish it. I felt like the world was spinning and I had to hold onto the carpet to keep from falling into the sky, sitting indian legged in a daze on my living room carpet.
  15. henry

henry Community Champion

Well, to be truthful, the first time I tried weed I didn't feel anything. It was maybe the third or forth time when it really kicked in. Boy, did I freak out. I remember just staring at the TV not even knowing what I was watching, and I felt like if I was trapped inside my brain. I just couldn't stop thinking. I don't know why the hell I kept on doing it, because it was a very scary experience. But maybe it was because I was alone. Maybe if I would have been with my friends, those first trips would have been much more enjoyable.
  16. Exactly. I also tried it when I was alone. I was scared and I thought I was going to die. I was just staring at things and I was laughing alone.
    henry likes this.
  17. Johnsnow123

Johnsnow123 Active Contributor

I tried it at such a young age, around 16 or 15. I was so depressed and couldn't think of anything but to just smoke my sorrow away. My biological mother was an addict so I stole her weed and did it outside hiding in the backyard. I just smoked and smoked and at first it was all simple, then I started to feel like I was fading away. I was so scared that I started to cry uncontrollably. I remember I just ran inside to my room, locked the door and felt guilty about what I've done. I just dropped on my bed and tried to go to sleep to drain the so many thoughts away. Sadly, I did get addicted but got saved and now couldn't be any better.:)
  18. Nick Anthony

Nick Anthony Active Contributor

The first time I tried smoking Marijuana was when I was 15 years old. I was in my friend's room while he was trying to figure out how to smoke it. He was in his bathroom that connected to his room trying to light the joint he made. He didn't know what he was doing and I certainly didn't know what I was doing. I was sitting on his chair that only had one arm and he asked me if I wanted to try it. I declined at first, but he managed to convince me. I'm not mad at him about it, because I was partly interested in trying as well.

I ended up only taking two hits. The first hit I coughed it up, because that was the first time I had smoked. I took the second hit and it went down easier. I was done after that, because I had already dealt with my curiosity by taking two hits. I didn't get high at all, but about 2-3 weeks later my friend got more Marijuana, because he wanted to try to get high. I kind of agreed with him. I ended up getting high in our second smoke session.

It's difficult to describe, but I was euphoric, happy, and I felt a little disoriented. My brain wasn't used to any kind of these substances, so all of the lights were much brighter. I couldn't remember anything I was saying as soon as it left my mouth. I didn't really have any sense of time passing. I ended going home around two hours afterwards, because I had school the next day.
  19. henry

henry Community Champion

The thing I remember freaking me out the most was the sound of my beating heart. It felt and sounded like if someone was playing the drums really fast inside my chest. I fell in love with weed when I started listening to music while high. Records I'd been listening to for years suddenly started to sound a whole lot different. TV shows and movies also changed a lot. I have to admit I saw the world in a whole different way when I smoked.
  20. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

My first time using marijuana was when I was 18. I was with friends that were older than me. I would sit around them watching them smoke but I never tried it. One day I decided to give it a shot and I was hooked every since. I have been smoking on and off for the past 10 years and I have finally stopped. I do miss the feeling of being high but I will never go back.