An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Detoxing from meth with kratom.

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by Choosingtolive, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Has anyone ever heard of anyone using kratom like this?
    I've never done meth until about a week ago, and I never want to again. It wasn't a joy ride like I thought it was at first, I'm very lucky to have not gone off the deep end.
    I did one gram over 2 days and that was the start. After about 7 days of use off and on I had enough. I had done a total of 2.5 grams, and that was enough. It was like being on a roller coaster for 7 days. Literally, didn't eat didn't sleep and didn't go to the bathroom, just riding the roller coaster. I paced myself with the doses, I was scared I would od. The longest I stayed awake was 48 hours, and I did that twice. Sleeping about 2 - 4 hours a night when could sleep.
    There isn't one good thing about doing meth, it took me 7 days to find it out.
    So when in doubt Google it, and I found this website. I've read alot of the posted and comments on meth withdrawal or detox. Reading the stories has been helpful and I wanted to reach out also.
    I'm currently on day 2 and I use kratom to help with the symptoms of withdrawal. The symptoms for meth withdrawal and opiate withdrawal are very similar, so I thought it could really help. It seems to be helping, I can feel relief.
    Thank you for reading this far, can't wait to read the comments.
    cheffy likes this.
  2. cheffy

cheffy Community Champion

I don't know a lot about meth, never did it. Or Kratom either, so I'm not what you would call a good source of information - I'm just guessing here that if you only used it for a week you shouldn't have WDs. Or maybe mild WDs that you'll get through quickly. That's cool that you're not going to make that a habit. I hope you do OK with stopping like this.
  3. Thanks @cheffy I glad that's what you think.
    cheffy and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  4. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

Yep it works great for just about everything.
    It has antidepressant action in the alkaloids I've been taking Kratom for about 6 months now some days I cant believe its legal I feel so good lol.

It probably wont be for ever though they just figured out the metabolite 7-oh is converted from mitragynine in our liver by cyp3a and its the one responsible for its MOR interaction and it's more potent then morphine. But the affinity is weak, and it activates totally different pathways then any other opioid.

It's an amazing plant or tree whatever you wanna call it.
    cheffy likes this.
  5. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

The symptoms may have similarities, but they are nowhere near the same!
    And 1 week? @cheffy is right.
  6. trueevan

trueevan Member

No, never used it in such a way. Just for treating depression.
    Davers likes this.
  7. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Sounds about right from what I've learned.
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

Kratom for meth?It's not REAL!Kratom will help with opiates NOTHING ELSE!!
  9. Uranusman

Uranusman Member

Yes, I did. I am a very satisfied and happy customer. The kratom of We kratom is of the best quality and I've tried other places around home and websites. Customer service is there to help with any questions or concerns you have, and they answer your emails very quickly. You can trust them with your private information, if you pay with your bank account. Over all, I am very happy to have found this company and recommend it to family and friends. They have the best quality and very helpful customer service. If you're looking for kratom this will surely stop your search and satisfy your every need in a quality product and a great company!
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020