An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Did your friends ever force you to do marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by j1ckh441, Jun 21, 2015.

1. j1ckh441

j1ckh441 Member

Did any of your friends force you do marijuana? I'm asking because I'm interested in whether people actually get forced to do it by their friends. Sometimes it's just peer pressure, but sometimes it's much more serious than that. Sometimes your friends or peers actually force you to do it, and don't really give you that much of a choice as to whether you'll do it or not. Thankfully this has never happened to me, but has ever happened to you?
  2. Shimus

Shimus Community Champion

Force? No. Smoke it around me, all the time? Sure. Did that eventually make me crack and try it? Probably. Am I weak willed? No. I just wanted to figure out what the talk was all about so I could knock it/hate it/love it based on my own personal experiences and not someone telling me what it was.
    bluedressed likes this.
  3. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I have not heard of cases of kids being physically forced to smoke or drink or do other drugs, but I have heard of social pressures and I have heard of bets and dares.
  4. Matthodge1

That sounds like what usually happens, honestly. I have not really heard of anyone being manhandled in order to do a drug.
  5. 6up

6up Community Champion

They never forced me but they lured me into smoking Marijuana. At that time you could feel to be inferior before them if I never smoked. I liked the way they puffed which made me try it out. I was also expecting to get high as they were.
  6. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

Despite hanging around quite a few stoners in my younger years, I was never forced. I’ve never actually smoked it. I just had no interest, and no one ever gave me trouble for it. If anything, I figure they thought more for them since I wasn’t gonna smoke any of their supply.
  7. Shimus

True, Callipy, a lot do think like that. Even more though want to smoke with other people and I've seen them force some people who will say yes -- and I notice, not being a sexist or anything since I'm male, but the majority of forced people are women who crack under pressure in order to please someone or make somebody happy.

Usually (and I say usually) dudes will be fine with it, not force it down another persons throat, unless that person happened to be of the other sex. This could just be pure happenstance; this could mean nothing at all.

It's just my personal experience, that's all.
  8. Matthodge1

It usually is that inferior feeling that makes you inclined to try pot. I understand what you're talking about.
  9. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Nobody ever forced marijuana on me at all, I have always smoked it of my own free will. To be honest, I'm not even sure how you COULD force someone to smoke or why you would even bother in the first place?
  10. Se7en

Se7en Active Contributor

No, never happened to me. My friends always smoke when we hang outside and usually when someone is smoking he offers it to others and you can always decline :) Never by force, never heard of anyone being forced to smoke.
  11. Matthodge1

No is one of the strongest and most effective ways to stay away from drugs haha. It is really pretty simple.
  12. Just Another Shallow Man

Just Another Shallow Man Active Contributor

Never heard of anyone physically forcing anyone to do a drug, but there's probably a case out there at least. Anyway, no. It never happened. Wasn't peer pressured to it either. I've never smoked it, and only a couple of my friends have ever smoked it.
  13. Shimus

I just have to put, if the friends are forcing you to do ANY Drug, doesn't matter, they're probably not good friends to hang around. You shouldn't feel the need to impress or stand out if they're truly friends. It should be relaxed and chill. The people forcing the drugs are oftentimes the whacko ones.
  14. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

On face value it might appear like it's impossible for someone, kids, to be more specific, to be forced to use marijuana or any [other] drug. Kids get bullied and it wouldn't surprise me if some bullying victims are forced to use marijuana. One would ask, why wouldn't the kids report the bullies? Most bullying victims fear retaliation which is why they usually don't bother reporting the bullies.
  15. Matthodge1

I feel like a lot of people do not realize this whenever they are in the moment. If your friends force you to do anything that is not beneficial to you, then they aren't your friends.
  16. Matthodge1

That's kind of odd haha. Usually most of the people who are friends with stoners somewhat convert to being a stoner. Good for you!
  17. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

Nobody ever forced weed on me. I went out of my way to discover it. I was 13 when I did, and I thought it was amazing. So, I kept on smoking weed and hashish for a number of years. I mostly enjoyed it alone, and in a private setting. But there were times when I would smoke it in the company of a close friend, for the purpose of having profound and meaningful discussions. I was never pressured in any way to take marijuana. I consumed it of my own free will.
  18. Bonzer

Bonzer Community Champion

I was never forced, but I took to smoking out of curiosity, not marijuana though. But, friends forcing it on you is a real issue. You got be extremely strong-willed to refuse it first time every time.
  19. Liv6

Liv6 Member

I was never forced, but all of my friends were constantly going and getting high after school. I eventually broke and tried it once with one of my friends who was willing to let me try some without paying him back. Needless to say, I'm not trying it again; I like being in control of my mind. However, none of my friends would force me or even consider peer pressuring me into it. I believe that very few people would actually force someone to smoke it.
  20. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

It’s entirely possible I was entertained enough just hanging around them. And/or getting a contact high, which I know is psychological but that was definitely enough for me!