An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you feel good when you drink alcohol?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by 003, Jan 28, 2015.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

Well, I personally think that yes, I do feel relatively good when I am drinking because I mostly do it along with friends or family, however, it does not feel that good when drinking alone, drinking alone is a nosense thing that I personally do not enjoy doing, I think that it depends on the mood as well, that is my opinion though.
  2. Bozz

Bozz Active Contributor

I've never had a issue with alcohol, but I used to love the thought of a few of us getting together and getting stupidly drunk together.
    I love the early part of the evening where everything is funny and the drink is giving you a merry glow.

I'm not a fan of when the night is wrapping up and you've downed far too many and just feel rotten.

I did enjoy the early part of an evening of drinking, but rarely the end....and never the following day!
  3. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

If you are drinking with friends and having a good time, then you will feel good when you drink alcohol. Usually people resort to drinking in order to forget about the bad things happening at the time and they tend to feel good as do I. I do believe in limits and never go over board.
  4. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

As long as I don't go overboard, I do enjoy the feeling you get from alcohol. It does help me feel more relaxed and loose. It does take the edge off and helps me fall asleep faster.
  5. ejorman1010

It's cliche at this point, but it really is all about moderation. You can drink alcohol moderately and be perfectly fine. If you drink excessively, it can ruin your life.
  6. ejorman1010

Getting drunk is usually never a good thing. If you can get a slight buzz, that is usually the sweet spot. Unfortunately, many people can't stop at the sweet point and will continue to drink.
  7. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

That is a fact, getting drunk is not a good thing, at the same time I do felt good when I did it, up to a certain point. The next day would be very bad though.