An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you find yourself talking to your passed loved one?

Discussion in 'Other Recovery Support Groups' started by harmonygreer, May 30, 2015.

1. harmonygreer

harmonygreer Member

I always find myself talking to someone important that passed away. It is always a great feeling to know someone is listening and watching. I have little conversations with them, like they are still here. Although I can't hear a reply, I still feel comforted. Do you ever find yourself still talking to someone that passed on? It's okay if you do!
  2. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

I have been chatting with departed loved ones since I can remember. I can often hear them talking back to me, laughing, making me feel good the way they did when they were still on this physical plane. Since I was a kid I loved accompanying my great grandmother to the graveyard every weekend, where we would sit in the shade of some grand old tree and listen to the silence and absorb the peace. Well, sometimes it wasn't all that silent...
  3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

My father passed away a bit more of six years ago. At first everything was confusion and mixed emotions, but later I found myself talking to him, asking him for forgiveness feeling I was never a good child, despite he used to say to be proud of me... well, so many things I used to "tell" him, like if he were listen to me... or perhaps.

Actually I still talk to him from time to time, but much in the way I would be doing if he wold be alive, and even asking him for guidance when I feel lost and clueless.

Not sure if he listens to me since beyond death, not sure that if he really does, this would be bothering him, but I cannot help talk to him from time to time.
    harmonygreer likes this.
  4. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Not personally, but I have friends and relatives that still talk to those that have passed on. It may be possible that some of those that have passed on are still in close proximity, or are capable of receiving communication from the living. One doesn't have to be religious, simply acknowledging that we live in a multidimensional universe makes this a plausible scenario. Whether it's good or bad for the deceased spirit to be in communion with the living, this I really can't tell you.
  5. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

I have found myself to do that once and remembering myself at that time I have self-pity because it's a sad situation. It's not something good to do that because they're gone and cannot hear us I believe. It's better if I actually talk to the lord.
    True concern likes this.
  6. Lizzy19ph

Lizzy19ph Member

Yes, I practice it each day- talking to my late Dad who succumbed to liver cancer 3 yrs. ago. I can still feel him around though he is not physically not there anymore. I can see him smiling whenever I am able to achieve something and feel sad whenever I get disappointed with something. When he was still alive, I always tell him about each achievement I gained in my writing career but I wished that he was still here to witness all of those wonderful things happening to me.
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I often like to think I am talking to God :) I don't talk to anyone else, but sometimes i like to think that y grandma is listening to my conversations with God. I like to think she is still watching over me and my family, and that at the same time is super calming. Truth is we don't know if our loved ones are still aware of what is happening to us on a daily basis, we will never know, but it's nice to believe in something.
  8. Deeishere

Deeishere Active Contributor

I don't talk to my love ones who have passed away but I think about them a lot. I think about my mom and how she would be so proud to see her grandkids. She would be so excited to see her great-grandchild who was born in September. I also think about the fun times we had. I am confident that she will see them one day in heaven.
  9. Kyler

Kyler Active Contributor

To be honest, I have done that before in my life. I remember talking to my grandpa because I was so close to him and it was shocking to me how he died. I sometimes weep and talk to the people I loved and died. I had a cousin who had a car accident and I can't get over it till now, ever since he was gone I couldn't help myself but ask, where are you? It is the sad part of life, but I can deal with it by believing in God.
  10. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I am an experiencer of "paranormal" phenomenon but I have never tried communicating with people who have passed on as such and to be honest, I don't think I would want to. I did, however, perceive my grandmother and my uncle who had both recently died alongside me whilst I was walking home one night. The weird thing was that I didn't know at the time that my uncle had died and only found out a few days later. That's when I realized that the experience must have been real and not just imagination.
  11. Min

Min Active Contributor

I have a dear friend who passed away unexpectedly. I had no idea he had passed, and so for a while I had been storing up things to tell him. I'd have the conversation in my head ... anticipating how it would go when I saw him. Hearing of his passing was a shock, and at first I thought "Now he'll never know XYZ!!!" But I found myself still having these conversations, anticipating his reactions. I realized later I was hoping that his spirit was hearing me, and that he really WAS still a part of my life. If you care for someone, they will continually be present, and there is no reason not to make them a part of your life if it comforts you to do so.
  12. CryingCanary

CryingCanary Active Contributor

All the time! When I'm having a tough day or when something good happens to me, I always talk to my father. He passed away a few years ago because of a tumor in his stomach and ever since I've been talking to him. I usually do right before bed by talking out loud. Telling him how my day went and what's been happening and of course, how much I miss him. The strange thing about this is that I actually feel as if someone is listening.
  13. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I must admit I have done it before. A cousin of mine who passed away without warning; I found myself communicating in my mind to him but soon disconnected because I found it weird and Africans say it is a taboo to communicate with people in the land beyond.

Sometimes you never can tell what is write or wrong when it comes to life and death.