An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do You Judge Weed Smokers?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by bluedressed, Jan 26, 2015.

1. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

If a person gets up, and goes to work everyday. Takes care of their family, isn't a threat to others. Then if they want to smoke pot then I don't have a problem with them. If the person is sorry won't hold a job. Goes out, and steals, bums and has no respect for themselves, or others in my eyes they are a low life, and I do look down on them that's what we call a pot head just wants to stay stoned with no life.
  2. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

If they are legally old enough to consume alcohol then I wouldn't judge them for consuming marijuana, though I do think it's important for users to educate themselves about the potential consequences of doing so. Having been a consumer myself in my late teens, judging others for using it would be hypocritical of me. If they know the dangers then it's their choice.
  3. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

I never judge.That's God's duty.But having said that,i can never overlook the fact that what my kid,spouse,friend or brother does, has an effect on me whether directly or indirectly.It's my duty to offer to them both positive or negative criticism depending on the situation at hand. It's my duty to act before things spin out of control and avoid living with the guilt of knowing that i had the chance/opportunity of doing something about it but i didn't.
  4. lollie

lollie Member

Not at all. If anything, weed smokers are the free spirited people who enjoy life. I mean those that use marijuana for the effects that it gives. People who generally smoke marijuana, don't care for drinking. They just want to feel relaxed and stress-free; not harmful at all. Why would I judge?
  5. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I know one person who chose to do weed a lot and resulted in being away from his parents and brothers and sisters as he would think about weed and how to get it. I think when some try to see it as a way to solve problems or run away than it is not good to be around them as you can start to use it too. Sometimes young people see movies or see mates doing it and, think it is cool and not about the health consequences.
  6. PrideKidd

PrideKidd Active Contributor

Hello Community,

I cannot judge addicts for their actions or I would of never made it to recovery. I especially do not judge people who smoke weed. If it was legal in the state I am living in, then I would ask for it for my medical problems. Sure would be nice to use something herbal and not these pain pills the doctor has me on.

I do not do it anymore, it has been quite sometime but I do know people who smoke. I personally like the smell of marijuana so I do not mind being around it, mostly because I have faith in myself to say no. I have been clean for almost 7 years now but like I said if I could toss these pain pills out the window I'd do it in a heartbeat.
  7. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

All the pot smokers that I know are not productive individuals in the world. So my opinion is still that. They are unproductive individuals. I'm sure there are constructive individuals out there that smoke everyday, but I haven't met them yet.
  8. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

You would be surprised at the amount of cannabis-smoking, productive members in society. I'm one of them. I work two jobs, I'm a full-time pharmacy student with a minor in entrepreneurship, and I'm a bodybuilder with plans to get my personal training certifications. I maintain a healthy, productive lifestyle. We aren't all unproductive.

I would like to add that I'm not condoning the use of cannabis at all.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  9. musicmonster

musicmonster Senior Contributor

I don't actually. This substance is actually still a gray area. Weed as far as I know is not addictive, unless it's used with other substances. That's when the whole thing gets messed up.
  10. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I don't judge or even care if a person smokes weed since it is their life to live and not mine anyway, so why judge right? But I can't help but have a negative impression of jobless people who do nothing but smoke weed, since I'm sure they can do something better with their lives right?
  11. Zyni

Zyni Community Champion

The older I get, the more I realize that it's best not to judge others at all. Until I'm 100% perfect, I have no right to judge anyone else. Since I will never be 100% perfect, I guess I should stop judging other people altogether.
    Winterybella likes this.
  12. rainbowguard

rainbowguard Senior Contributor

I don't know if you could call it judging but I feel that weed smokers' lives could be better without weed just like alcoholics' lives could be better without alcohol and tobacco smokers' lives could be better without cigarettes. I don't judge weed smokers particularly according to stereotypes like potheads, hippies, etc. I understand that there is an argument that weed doesn't ruin people's health as much as alcohol or tobacco but I still feel that their lives could be improved by quitting so I "judged" them just like I "judged" myself when I was still a cigarette smoker. In no way I feel superior to them.
    Zyni likes this.
  13. jbepp

jbepp Active Contributor

I don't really judge them. I mean, as long as it doesn't affect me, I feel like people can do what they want. I've smoked some weed in the past and I managed to live a successful life so I don't believe in any of those weed smoker stereotypes. Most people just want to relax and have fun and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
  14. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

I don't really consider marijuana a 'drug' it is a natural plant used in its natural form. As far as preconcieved notions, I don't have any. I've met some very cool weed smokers and some jerks as well. I don't let a person's preference or non preference to smoking affect the way I feel about them.
  15. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

If you don't consider cannabis to be a drug, then what is your definition of a drug? It must be very different from the accepted definition.
  16. bombshell

bombshell Member

I smoke myself, but have friends that have absolutely no idea. I fear I would be judged by these wives of policemen and doctors. I personally don't care what somebody does on their free time if they are a good person in general. I don't like being judged so I try to give other people the same courtesy.
  17. 4rainydays

4rainydays Member

I think everyone judges weed smokers in a certain way, even people that do weed themselves. People that haven't done it, look at them with disdain. Oftentimes, people turn to weed to get away from life or they feel that life is boring. They're running away instead of facing life head-on. Nothing is interesting to them unless they're under the spell of weed. Plus it's a costly and sometimes unlawful habit to upkeep! People that are weed users on the other hand, when they find out others are also users of weed, they judge them as slackers just like themselves. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
  18. Not at all. I use to. That is before I became one. I am now no longer a weed smoker but that still gives me no room to judge anyone. I know what it is like to feel like one needs it. I'll never judge that feeling. I can even be in a room with someone who is smoking weed and not smoke with them. It is just best that I do not make a habit of being in that room.
  19. kwoodard902

kwoodard902 Member

There is no point in judging anyone for anything that they do. It is their life and they will choose to do what they please. I do not waste my time pondering on what other people do. I keep my opinions to myself. I wouldn't want other people judging me on what I do so I try not to judge other people.
  20. Nick Anthony

Nick Anthony Active Contributor

It depends on the age of the individual and their frequency of using. If a teenager is smoking weed, then it's not all that weird, because they're in an experimentation phase of their life. It's not good for their growth whatsoever, but peer pressure is an actual thing, so I'm not completely prejudice.

Now, if someone is unemployed, 30 years old, and smokes weed almost everyday, then I'd probably be a bit prejudice. Not so much about the weed, but because they could be spending money on more productive things assuming they're buying their own weed.