An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do You Judge Weed Smokers?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by bluedressed, Jan 26, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

No. I don't judge weed smokers. Well, we are all just humans, who are we to say this specific person is good or not? We've all made mistakes and ruined things before, and thinking that you're better than others is really lame and you would definitely sound like a hypocrite.
  2. vespid49

vespid49 Active Contributor

If a person genuinely enjoys smoking weed as a casual pastime or hobby, then he/she will not actually make it that big of a deal. He/she will not specifically tell you unless you ask. So, if the first thing I hear when I talk to a person is that they like weed, or if they're wearing any marijuana-related clothing, then I know that they're trying to impress on me that they smoke weed. I judge those people. If weed is just a hobby or something for relaxation, I won't judge you because generally I won't even know. That's my view on it.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I always see weed as a bad substance and it is hard not to think that those who smoke weed are bad. It does not mean that they do bad things to others but they do bad things to themselves since smoking weed for me is unhealthy and can affect both mind and body if abused.
  4. adfnio

adfnio Community Champion

You can thank TV commercials for filling peoples head with the stereotypical view of pithead being lazy and having no future. But in all fairness I know a lot of them that do it on the side but live normal lives but with the occasional hit or two.
  5. devinametallic

devinametallic Active Contributor

Why judge at all if your past ain't squeaky clean? Everybody's choices aren't gonna be the kinds you'd personally make I'm pretty sure so just mind your damn business is my opinion. LOL
  6. ocurtis25

ocurtis25 Member

No, because I just don't feel that it is the wrong thing to do It was
    my love for some years. I can't judge no one that do the drug because
    I was what you called a weed head. I felt like I could not eat with out
    it. So no I can't judge them.
  7. katherine25

katherine25 Senior Contributor

If I'm going to be honest then yes, I do judge them. I judge all the young people who smoke weed because they think its "cool", I judge the parents I see smoking weed in front of their children, especially toddlers or babies and I judge the older people who smoke weed because they think its okay. I don't however judge those who are addicted to it but are seeking help to quit. I actually respect those people because I know giving up an addiction is never an easy thing to do.
  8. aimeep80

aimeep80 Senior Contributor

The only way I will judge a pot smoker is if they do not have a job and are living off of the government, and using that money to buy the weed. I personally know several people like this and the majority of them have children, yet they are unemployed and have no desire to work because they would rather stay high all day.

I have no issues with recreational weed smokers, or weed smokers that do it for medical reasons. I just see far too many that do it on a daily, even hourly basis. It's very sad when their children have to suffer due to this. I am all for medical marijuana though. I feel that it was put on this earth to help people. I suffer with anxiety and depression, and if I was able to be helped with medical marijuana, then I would certainly do it.

I have smoked it as a teenager though, and it actually caused anxiety and scared me too badly so I never did it again. I think there are certain strains that do help people though. So, if a person is using it and not doing anything else, then yes, I definitely judge them and hope they straighten their act up.
  9. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I don't judge pot smokers but I judge people that wear the Huf socks with the pot leaves on them. That looks so stupid and ridiculous.
  10. henry

henry Community Champion

I used to judge weed smokers when I didn't smoke, but once I tried it, that went out the window. There was a lot of propaganda against drugs when I was a kid, so I thought that everyone who did drugs was a criminal, a low life, a bad person, in general. We all know there were good intentions behind this propaganda, but we also know it was a lie.
  11. samanthasays

samanthasays Member

I guess I do tend to judge people who smoke weed or have to rely on any other substance to cope with life. It's just kind of disappointing to me how people can so easily lose themselves and weed becomes all they care about. I don't mind people who occasionally smoke but when you're so dependent on it you can't function and life becomes unbearable without it, then you have a problem and it's bothersome.
  12. JadeVengeance

JadeVengeance Active Contributor

If I am being honest, it seems to be a normal thing where I stay. I do not smoke weed but most of the people I know smoke it. Personally, I don't like taste or smell of it, it makes me feel sick. Some people will say that it leads to other drugs and some people will say that it is better than smoking as it is used for medical reasons. I am not really sure on what to believe and to be honest, I could not really care.
    I smoke tobacco, so I am not really allowed to judge.
  13. DCMY

DCMY Member

I do not hold any prejudices against people who smoke weed. I am aware that some people smoke due to illness or pain. I am also aware that people smoke it as a recreational drug. Generally I think people like that are more open to new things and like to experiment. I also see them as more "chill" and relaxed. I do not judge people just for a single choice they made :D
  14. diprod

diprod Active Contributor

I don't judge them. We are in no position to do that to our fellowmen anyway. We must just simply understand that not all people are going through the same things in life.
  15. cmleasure

cmleasure Active Contributor

It is not my place to judge anyone. I have enough things to work on before concerning myself with the actions of others, especially when those actions do not affect me. I do not care if people smoke weed at all. I am not a regular smoker, though I used to be. I do not like when people abuse it and get cranky without it and lazy while on it, but that's not a judgment by any means.
  16. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

No, I don't judge. I'm not exactly in favor of legalizing it either. There are more important things to worry about. And unless you've walked in a person's shoes or are some sort of "higher power", none of us have a right to judge.
  17. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

Judging just because a person does something another doesn't approve of is wrong on matter how you slice that. Every one of us on this planet do, have done, or will do something others don't approve of. Only pass judgement if you yourself are willing to be judged as well.
  18. tarverten

tarverten Senior Contributor

I admit, I've judged before. But I wasn't exactly a person with a mature mentality back then. Still, I'm ashamed of myself or it. But nobody has the right to point and pass judgement on anyone else. Ever.
  19. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Not at all, especially that over the times I found myself in that position and I know what it's like. Some people smoke for fun and regularly meanwhile other just for a few times in their lives, I like to think of myself as a second category person.
  20. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Honestly, I try not to judge anyone. I don't really know their personal battle, or why they are using weed in the first place. Can you imagine judging someone for using weed that was dealing with serious issues like abuse? Sometimes people use drugs as a method of blocking out traumas -- so to label everyone using a substance as lazy or unmotivated would be pretty naive of me to do. Yes, I'm sure there's some people out there that are lazy and unmotivated that use marijuana, but to throw everyone in the same group is wrong and unfair in my opinion.