An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do You Judge Weed Smokers?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by bluedressed, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Like pretty much anything, I won't ever judge a person on a choice they make in their life, as long as there is control still in their life. A person who spends a long week hard at work and to combat life's anxiety, they smoke a joint on Friday night, and are able to relax, go to sleep, and wake up the next day ready to continue their lives. Once a person begins to put objects over responsibilities is when I tend to have a problem, and that's not just with drugs. My prior experience with overeating and oversleeping in my life are far worse in my book than the guy who has a little bit of pot to go along with his writing, or who just wants a quick relaxer. So I never will judge a person on what they use, just on how much of a hold it has on their life. That's why I'm almost always against those harder drugs, there are almost no person who can grab a bit of meth, heroin, or get totally wasted for the night and then wake up the next morning without effecting the people around them. That's what I feel really matters.
  2. Whiskers

Whiskers Active Contributor

I don't judge anyone. I feel sorry for weed smokers though as I view them as individuals who are not willing to face the reality of life. Weed is often used as a shield for some pain and this does not go well with me.
  3. I used to judge them before, but I am more understanding now. I think weed does nothing wrong to a person when used in moderation. I do not use it myself, but I was surprised to know the people in college that used weed. I had no clue. They were some of the best-behaved people in my class, getting good grades and all. From then on, I developed some indifference to whether a person smokes weed.
  4. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Senior Contributor

Depends on their level I guess, if they are casual about it then nothing wrong but if it becomes a dependency then there is probably a line that has been crossed and they need to do something and I cant help but see them in a different light.
  5. Jamesbonner

Jamesbonner Active Contributor

Actually, I don't judge any weed smoker, because I have a lot of friends that smoke weed, some are nice guys, some are really intelegent and good student, and some are good guys, weed have no relation with personality, it's all about the living conditions !
  6. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

If you take medication you really can't judge pot smokers, it's a drug like any other. Kids are taking Ridalin daily but no ones really talking about it. We are all medicated, weed is just a different type of medication.
  7. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Well, if I just met the person and I don't know her so well, my opinion of him or her might be based more on how i receive that person. If that person sends out good vibes or bad ones... my judgement will be based on that. It also depends on the age and how the person is dressed, as well how well educated the person is, how well she or he expresses. I don't have a fixed prejudice towards those who smoke pot, not at all :)
  8. Jenga

Jenga Active Contributor

I try not to judge people on whether they smoke or not. I more so look at how it effects their lifestyle and if it's causing damage to them or to others. I don't have a huge problem with smoking it myself (would prefer if people ate it, because ew second hand smoke), but my main concern would be their welfare. If they're destroying their life, I'll try help them. If it's not negatively impacting them or others, then I don't see why anyone should look negatively at it.
  9. whitenoise

whitenoise Senior Contributor

I tend to do not judge weed smoker because myself I'd one if I would have the possibility to be one of them because I believe that weed is just a plant.. is just something that mother nature gave us. It isn't something artificial created by the humans but just something that comes with apples, carrots, etc.. so why they should be discriminated or judged in a wrong way?
  10. juno

juno Community Champion

I really don't have any set judgments bout pot smokers. This is mainly due to the fact that I know many different types of people who smoke it. I know corporate climbers, who do it on the side and wake up every morning just fine and go to work to perform. I also know younger people, who are laid back and not doing much. So, I can't associate a marijuana smoker with a particular type.
  11. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

YOu make a very interesting point. There are several different levels of weed smokers it would seem. I was speaking to one recently that I have nicknamed the "high man" as his conversation is always at a higher level than that of his peers. I am hoping I can get him to join the forum.
  12. sonia11

sonia11 Senior Contributor

Weed has a lot of legitimate medical uses, and if it makes a person less anxious or helps with pain management, cool. Even so-called "potheads" don't really bother me. They're usually pretty calm and friendly people, and they've always got snacks!
    111kg likes this.
  13. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I must have said this a number of times: condemn the sin, not the sinner. This is not to say that smoking weed is ultimately an evil act. Unless the smoking has reached a point where you lose control over yourself and become prone to harming people, then something has to be done. There's always a reason for everything and there sure is a reason for every person who smokes weed.
  14. 6up

6up Community Champion

Yes you can judge them depending on how they started taking drugs and why they still take drugs. There are those who abuse drugs so that they can mess around like in sports stadiums. There are those who take drugs because of their accessibility. But we must at last talk to them to see whether we can help them out of their stressful situations.
  15. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

That's what I wanted to say. However, yeah, they may be pretty calm and friendly people, but I judge them not for their drug usage, but rather for becoming addicted. Most of them become lethargic, with no personal ambitions or goals; and they only want to smoke more.

How can you not judge them, especially when others have to suffer for their stupidity?
  16. theexquisite

theexquisite Member

Thou shall not judge, but on marijuana I do, because I have four teenage children and they are heavily influenced by weed – aka – pot heads – aka – Mary Jane smokers whatever you want to call it, because they have a million different names for it. My teenage boys especially get approached all the time saying when you have ever heard marijuana making you kill somebody or abuse somebody and why is it not legal in all states! Whatever your method or state of mind be keep it to yourself, because just like religion we all have our own fact and beliefs! My opinion on it is that I don’t approve of it, because you can’t get a job by smoking it performing a drug test, your brain cells decrease and you smoke more of it as you get older you are diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and it makes you lips black and yours eyes weary looking and blood shot red and speeds up your appetite and netherless to say the smell is awful! Different strokes for different folks and like one person told me that you can’t knock it if you never tried it and this is one I will leave for others to sample, because I see the appearance it has on others and I am not liking it and it also sometimes lead people to smoking higher doses of other drugs by basing or mixing it with the marijuana to give them a long lasting high which could be dangerous on your body!
  17. SLTE

SLTE Community Champion

Nah. Compared to most drugs, weed is pretty tame. I'd never smoke it, but those who do generally come off as, at worst, a little dopey, and for the most part harmless. I'd only start to judge someone if the weed was very seriously affecting either their way of life or the life of someone near them (say, one of their kids), and they showed no signs of letting up on their habit. Once drugs become your reason for getting up each day you have a serious problem.
    goldenmonkey and theexquisite like this.
  18. theexquisite

theexquisite Member

I agree with you on saying that if this is something that you wake up to do daily; then you have a serious problem!
  19. goldenmonkey

goldenmonkey Member

When they make it into their whole personality, it can be annoying. If they aren't perma-stoned, most weed smokers can be pretty normal. Although, they can be awfully forgetful if they're full-time smokers. And late for things.
  20. brookeemily

brookeemily Active Contributor

It doesn't really make me look at people different unless it's ALL they talk about. I hate when people can't talk about anything that doesn't involve drugs. I also judge them if their use is a big problem in their life or if they use it as a coping mechanism.