An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you prefer your home meeting or several meetings?

Discussion in '12-Step Support Groups' started by romananthonysmama, Jan 17, 2015.

1. romananthonysmama

romananthonysmama Active Contributor

Do you prefer sticking to your home meeting, or do you like to go to a lot of meetings to keep yourself busy? Most people I know go to their home meetings most often, but then go to others when they need extra support. I think it's cool to go to your home meeting a lot because you feel like they are family, but at the same time, it's probably really cool to get a feel for all of the meetings in the area. What is your preferred way of doing it? Or does it depend on where you are in your recovery at that point?
  2. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

I do not go to meetings, but one of my friends goes to meetings on a regular basis for years now and will never stop going. He has told me in the past that he is thankful this is a nationwide program because when he travels out of town or state, he still needs the support. Matter of fact, he said during these times, he needs it even more!
  3. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

I think that smaller groups in a private or familiar environment work better for a lot of people because, after all, their issues are deeply personal and they don't always want to share their experiences in a large and more impersonal group. I have never been to any of those meetings when I quit drinking, but I can really appreciate the great benefit they can have.