An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you really know what you are consuming?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by JonnyMacdonald, May 24, 2015.

1. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Recent news article about Levamisole found in this drug. This is a drug that is used for deworming animals. Unsuspecting party goes are putting this into their systems! Of course it comes as no surprise that unscrupulous drug dealers will cut the drugs with anything that will make them a quick buck!
    Just wanted to let the community know about this, if it makes just one person think twice about doing cocaine then I think I have helped.
    http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-cash-is-in-the-cut
  2. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

There is no such thing as an honest drug dealer, scoundrels the whole lot of them. Only thing that motivates them is making money at the expense of everyone else. All drugs are dangerous to one's health by default but they add substances that only makes things worse. It seems that drugs on the street are becoming more lethal with each passing day, I consider myself incredibly lucky for coming clean.
  3. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

There definitely seems to be a lot more garbage around these days and I too am thankful to be clean. In my day, cocaine was generally just cut with glucose powder, which is inert and harmless. The things that keep being discovered in recreational drugs these days have really made me think twice.
  4. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Drug dealers will do anything to cheat on people. The smaller mules may be desperate for money but the bigger fishes are obviously as greedy as they come. They think they can get away with it but sooner or later they're going to pay for their crimes.
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  5. rightct

rightct Community Champion

If everyone thought the way you do, there wouldn't be such a great death rate among cocaine consumers, but the reality is different: this thing doesn't flow their mind at all, and drug dealers make a huge profit out of their obliviousness and addiction. Such a world we live in, right?
  6. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

I don't really see the difference. Cocaine is bad enough in itself. Whoever consumes it knows full well what he/she's doing. Adulterated or Unadulterated, all the same to me.
  7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

I seem cocaine much the way you do, making no difference to me because I'm not consuming this drug nor have used it before ever.

However it makes a difference for the addict when it comes to use adulterated cocaine or unadulterated. They want cocaine and didn't care about difference, but their health will be seriously damaged using the adulterated version.

We may say any drug is harmful, but adulteration multiplies the risks while shortening good-health/life expectations.
  8. calicer1996

@MyDigitalpoint Agreed! But what I am trying to say is that if a person has "decided" to damage his health with cocaine, then what's the difference in using adulterated cocaine? The magnitude varies, of course, but the outcome does not.
  9. JonnyMacdonald

Well perhaps they know the side effects of cocaine and decide to do it anyways. But they do not know the side effects of the garbage it's cut with. I hate victim shaming/blaming. So to just say oh well they know the risks they are dumb serves them right for doing drugs isn't very good of us know is it? God wants us to help those who need help. Perhaps by saying hey you know what that drug also contains this drugs that does this maybe we can help them make better choices, or we can better mitigate the negative effects.
  10. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Scary! So... cocaine addcits are at risk of being exposed to a chemical form AIDS. And people still do it! Just like a lot people still smoke, despite knowing the risks of smoking. Some people can wonder how some people can risk their lives like that, it's the damn addiction, everything seems so small and far when you are really hooked on something.

I feel terrible for the people who use cocaine, if I'm not mistaken they had a huge problem with adultered cocaine in Amsterdam. Some people died as a result. I'm so glad I don't touch any kind of drugs or alcoholic drink, if only I could stop consuming sugar...
  11. whitenoise

whitenoise Senior Contributor

This is known.. if you really have to get some drug for some reason let someone suggest you which drug dealer is the best and known to be relieable starting from the assumption that doing drugs is always a thing to avoid.
  12. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

The difference can be life or death. It matters a lot. Cocaine, when its pure, is actually used in hospitals when the eyeball needs to be numbed. In some countries they use it on a woman during child birth. The risk you take with clean coke is damage to your heart. Heart attack or what not. But when you add all the other horrible powders to it you're risking possible immediate death. Trying coke one time puts you at risk for addiction. Assuming your heart is healthy, that's the only risk you take when you use it once. The different things that they cut it with is what can kill you after just once.
  13. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I think this sort of thing is exactly why I never went near cocaine or 'backyard' type drugs. The fact that they can be mixed with anything and everything and you simply don't know what you're getting is quite frightening to me. I read an article some time ago that mentioned that cocaine was being cut with powdered laundry detergent. And you're right, drug dealers aren't going to care about the health of their buyers -- they are drug dealers after all, and all that matters is the $$$ that comes with selling off what they have. Sad, but true.
  14. calicer1996

@LilAnn Yup, I see your point. What we need is cheap testers to determine these drugs's purity.
    @JonnyMacdonald Well said! I was just too disgusted too think clearly. I am in a better position now.
  15. JonnyMacdonald

Most street drugs at one time or another had a clinic purpose. Which is pretty crazy when you think about it, but then again a lot of drugs used in hospitals are abused and sometimes those are the worst (Oxycontin for example) but they are never usually adulterated. I mean my advice is always the same stay away from drugs, but I also was hooked on some stuff so even younger Jonny didn't take my advice! It's a tough situation, we can preach and pray but it does not always work.
  16. LilAnn

There's a certain kind of person, who has to see everything for themselves. There's no such thing as taking it on faith. But those people can turn out to be some of the most notable and most innovative people in all of history.
  17. LilAnn

I'm not defending drug dealers by ANY means. But I don't think they want to kill anyone. Repeat business is really important to dealers. New customers puts them at risk of dealing with an undercover policeman. Killing people will not only kill off some customers, but their reputation for selling bad stuff would run off the ones who don't die.
  18. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

You learn something new everyday huh.

Truth be told though, the fact that it kills us is proof enough we shouldn't touch it regardless of knowing what's in it. Knowing what the drug is actually made of makes it much worse though
  19. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

That's a good point and one I hadn't thought of, that really they're not seeking to kill a person because that does destroy their whole business plan. I guess though a lot of the time the dealers aren't the ones making the stuff to know what is in it...they're just the minion that gets tasked with getting the drug out there. I hear you though about the reputation side of things, like anything people talk and if the quality isn't good I'm sure that their rep would be completely shot.
  20. LilAnn

The people who want to sell a whole bunch for real cheap are the ones who I think would do it. Like if they want to get a lot of money to bolt. The way I see it is if jack bought coke from Jill, and little Bo peep used it and died, jack would be soulless if he didnt confess and tell the cops who he got it from. No one wants to stick around if they know that's too to happen.