An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you smoke tobacco?

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by rightct, Mar 22, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Community Champion

Personally, I smoke it because it helps me relieve some of the stress of my daily routine. It's a very dangerous drug, and we're all aware of it more or less, but the very first time you smoke it, you will surely want to smoke the 2nd one afterwards, and it's a vicious circle that will surely continue for a few days, until you won't be able to stop. This is what happened to me when I was 17 years old, unfortunately.
    I know a few people that are allergic to tobacco, and I personally think they're blessed, as I would personally like to quit smoking, but my body wants more and more each day. It helps me somewhat, but I think it would be better for myself if I quit.
    What about you? Do you smoke tobacco? If so, are you addicted?
  2. nbts92

nbts92 Member

Do you smoke tabacco?
    Yes , I do.Most people start smoking when they are in their teens and are addicted by the time they reach adulthood.I start smoking to look mature, to be like my friends, and to experiment.Smoking reduces my appetite and i can easy control my weight.Smoking gives me energy while i am going through a hard time.Finally,smoking gives me pleasure. It just makes me happy.
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Yes, I do as well but not as much as I used to. I think that's one of the main issues when people try to give up smoking, they actually enjoy it and its very hard to give up something you enjoy doing.

I still enjoy having a cigarette every now and again so I wouldn't want to give up completely, if I stopped enjoying it then I might do...
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

Not that much anymore. I used to be addicted to tobacco just because it relaxed me and it helped me with my stress and anxiety issues.
    I'm in a much better place now and I don't feel the need to smoke anymore.
  5. pineywood

pineywood Community Champion

Yes. I smoke cigarettes, once in awhile. I use to smoke a pack or more a day. Now, I smoke a pack or less a month. My goal is not smoke at all.

Nowadays, I smoke the vapor E-cigs. I am working on lowering my nicotine level gradually. Again, my goal is to be nicotine free.

The data has been out for years that nicotine is addictive, so yes, I am an addict in terms of nicotine. You know what, that is the first time I have "said" that and it does not sound very attractive.
  6. Se7en

Se7en Active Contributor

Yes, I smoke rolling tobacco. 20g of tobacco is enough for me for 1-2 weeks. I don't smoke that often, I usually smoke when I go out, after school. I also have days, when I don't light not even one cigarette. I don't really consider myself addicted, I could quit smoking anytime, I just don't have reasons to. I know it's not healthy, but I like it.
  7. I have tried smoking it once. It was so strong. I was a bit drunk that time and I think I did not like it. I would still prefer the cigarettes in packs.
  8. fagoot1

fagoot1 Member

I used to be a heavy smoker and used to smoke like one pack everyday but now I only smoke when I'm doing something repetitive or boring or if I'm stressed.
    I mostly smoke shisha if you know what that is.
  9. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

I don't smoke at all. It's not like I'm totally averse to smoking but this is just my personal choice. I contracted pneumonia when I was a child so my lungs are quite sensitive. Tobacco fumes make me nauseous. I do have friends and relatives who smoke and as long as they don't blow the smoke straight to my face, and as long as they don't chain-smoke, I'm cool with it. My friend's sister had spots in her lungs because of second-hand smoking. That's why I'm very concerned about smoke fumes penetrating my nostrils.
  10. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

I have been smoking cigarettes since I was 12. I wish I had never done it because it seems impossible for me to quit now. I have attempted unsuccessful multiple times.

I feel it is somewhat as a stress reliever, but now it's more than that. It's an addiction. I have to have one in the morning, while driving and after every meal. It's such a nasty habit.
  11. Mara

Mara Community Champion

I used to smoke. Like, two packs a day. There was a time that I lived on cigarettes (and coffee). But now, I am totally free from it. I'm glad that I finally got cigarettes out of my system.
  12. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

I smoke tobacco daily. I want to stop so bad but it is hard. There have been times in the past when I would stop, but I would always go back. I have been smoking on and off since I was 18 so I have years of experience with tobacco. I think my problem with it is that I use them as stress relievers and I love them when I am drinking. If I can stop craving them based on those two excuses, I think I can stop for good. It is easier said than done though. Hopefully I can stop officially one day.