An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you smoke weed daily?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by rightct, Mar 21, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I used to smoke weed daily when I was in my younger ages, but now, I really have become so used to it that I can't even feel anything upon consuming even two entire joints; it's become even lighter than a cigarette!
    People say that tolerance tends to vanish if you don't consume marijuana for a long time, but it's already been one year and when I tried smoking it again last week, I didn't feel anything whatsoever. Of course, it could also depend on the quality of the weed I smoke, but it can't be bad 7 times in a row, right?
    What about you? Do you smoke weed daily, or used to? If yes, do you even feel anything at all anymore?
  2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

I don't use it daily. In fact I've only used a handful of times. But I did have friends that smoked it daily and was stoned for the most part of the day. I think, for most of them, it was a necessity to deal with life. Some of them just couldn't go on living life without being high. It would affect their life and they wouldn't do anything but stay home and smoke. That's it.
  3. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

My sister smokes weed daily and she says she can't function without it. She is in a daze most of the time and can't even deal with things without it. She also just stays at home and smokes and doesn't hang out with friends or have a job. She used to have a really bad cough too.
  4. rightct

Yeah, this is the bad thing about marijuana for some people, because it causes addiction to the highest extent; it's not really the substance that causes the addiction, you could very well live without consuming it; we impose ourselves this need of smoking it. I really agree with it being legalized, but if we don't know when to say "no", I think we should all agree that this can't happen for the sake of society.
  5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

I used to smoke weed a lot 2 years ago. I was very addicted to it and when I smoked I felt very relaxed and trippy.

I have tried it recently again and I am the same as you, it doesn't feel like it has such a big impact on me anymore.
  6. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I don't now but I did for many years. I never built up a tolerance to it though. I would always make sure I stayed straight-headed for half the day then would start smoking in the late afternoon or early evening. I always stayed to the same amount and never increased it. Some days it wouldn't affect me much, other days it would. It really did largely depend on what kind of day I had.
  7. westmixxin

westmixxin Active Contributor

When I was younger I definitely smoke weed on a daily basis but as I got older I think that started to become a little bit outdated to me. Now I don't necessarily have the time to smoke weed and a daily basis I think that's the only reason why I'm not high right now.
  8. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I have stopped smoking weed when I got out of high school because I do not have contact with my classmate that knows someone that sells it. Despite that, I never craved for it though. I think your lack of tolerance for weed is permanent already? Maybe the body just got used to it. Like my lack of tolerance for coffee for example. I used to not get drowsy the whole night when I took it. But now, I get sleepy whether I drink it or not.
  9. Sparkster

I think you've got a good point here. Many Marijuana smokers, when they get older, give up not because they want to give up or because they are fed up of being dependent on it, but because they reach a point where it just doesn't do anything for them any more and they think well, what's the point. Surely, there's only so much you can take of something before you start to get sick of it?
  10. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I used to smoke daily when I was younger but it's more like a couple of times a month right now. I had a similar experience to others where I just couldn't get stoned anymore so I decided it was time to cut right back so I can appreciate it more when I do smoke it.
  11. Diana S.

Diana S. Member

I am smoking for one year and so many things have happened with my health since than and I can't really say if it is because of marijuana. In the first months I used to smoke like crazy, mostly because of my boyfriend who is a heavy user . I was in a perfect shape besides my poor memory and the dizzines in the morning after smoking.
    Now I smoke two to three times a week .
  12. rightct

Would you like to be more clear about the supposedly health problems you encountered upon smoking marijuana? I can hardly remember people whom I know that have even had recent health problems, apart the momentary short-term memory loss - which is a minuscule side-effect, in my opinion -.
    If you're sure about the existence of these "problems", I think you should quit marijuana for a while until you clearly define your diagnosis.
  13. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

When I was younger and happy to experiment with various different substances, I used to smoke weed at least three times a week. After a while I found that my toleration was growing, and that I needed stronger stimulation to reach the same high that I experienced when I only smoked one joint a week.
    I gradually cut down on it, to only one joint every couple of weeks. And that joint always rocked.
  14. Diana S.

Diana S. Member

Yes, I can be more clear . And you should be aware that if you consume a larger dose of a specific substance for a long time there are always some side effects . Every person is different and reacts different.
    I suffered from a bad insomnia that lasted for days , I really couldn't sleep at all , and than I experienced some serious panic attacks. All of this happened when I wasn't smoking for a month and I had some stressful days . I have always had control over me and I handled pretty good the fact that I wasn't smoking anymore. I talked to my doctor and he said that I have depression and anxiety. My friends are heavy users and they are addicted obviously , but I saw a lot of them trying to quit and you should be sure that when you do that, after many years of smoking, your organism will start to show how affected it is that it's not receiving that substance anymore .

"
    The link between marijuana and other more common mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety is confusing, because marijuana is also sometimes used to relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety.

However, while marijuana may seem to help ease depression before the effects of the drug wear off, after that, smoking marijuana may make depression worse. Those who use marijuana have been shown to have higher levels of depression and depressive symptoms than those who do not use marijuana (Lev-Ran et al., 2013; Pacek et al., 2013). This risk may increase for users who use both marijuana and alcohol (Pacek et al., 2013)."
  15. Pinoy Jade

Pinoy Jade Active Contributor

When i will talk about my past, then it would be yes. I was addicted to weed before and i always hit a smoke out of it everyday. It has been part of my lifestyle before creating a bad effect on me. I often look for weed if my supplies runs out. Poor me!
  16. morgoodie

morgoodie Senior Contributor

At one point, I did smoke daily but for the most part I only smoked it on the weekends. I did not find that I had built up a tolerance but I did not smoke daily for a major length of time either. So that may have something to do with it. I have not known anyone to not get high after it has been a long time since they smoked either so maybe the quality is not good or it just does not affect you anymore.
  17. Sparkster

I think this is very much where the dependence/addiction originates. Marijuana is a relaxant and seems to relieve pain, stress and anxiety. However, over time you become so used to it that when you go without, that stress and anxiety is then more noticeable and more difficult to deal with, hence the need to use more marijuana for relief from those symptoms. However, the increase in consumption of THC which is notoriously high in marijuana these days can then exacerbate those symptoms and lead to depression and paranoia or paranoid thinking which is a precursor to other mental illnesses.
  18. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yes, but most of the times I smoke it after dinner and stay in my house watching movies and series. It's great for relaxation. I also do it in other occasions but this is the most common.
  19. achexx84

achexx84 Active Contributor

I smoke daily, and pretty consistently on my day off. I usually take 1 or 2 his in the morning, and at night after work and before bed. I am supposed to be prescribed anxiety meds, but I can't afford health insurance to be seen by a doctor, can't afford the expensive doctors visit, and don't really like the idea of relying on a pill to make me feel better. I have a few contacts that I use so I don't become used to one strain. Seems to work out pretty well for me, and saves me a ton of money vs spending it on medical debt.
  20. Ones

Ones Member

It's said too much of something is harmful.Your lungs are not fume chambers. Smoking of weed daily is unhealthy