An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you smoke weed daily?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by rightct, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I only tried it a couple times, last time was 2 years ago or so. I felt nothing like usual, but my fiance was high as a kite. If I hadn't been around he could have gotten killed... a girl almost runs him over...! He was that high, to the point he said he couldn't even hear a thing for a while.
  2. Jose

Jose Active Contributor

I was never able to smoke it daily because of the way I felt about weed, apparently nobody else was having the amazing experience I was. I think my receptors or whatever are more sensitive, I was hooked almost instantly after smoking the first times and then I managed to control it and never smoked so often again, fearing I would become a serious hardcore addict.
  3. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

I don't smoke weed daily. Smoking is still bad regardless what I'm smoking so I don't make a habit out of it.
  4. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

There were times when I did and I was okay. I usually go with my senses and I listen to my body. I rarely harm myself with anything. Moderation is the key. I haven't been smoking for more than two years and I do not feel need. Mind that while I have been smoking I also ran marathons and half marathons like I do now, played football and went to a gym regularly like I do now. It is important to have balance and try things but be moderate in everything.
  5. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

I used to smoke weed daily, but then stopped just because I was not feeling very good about smoking. It just didn't feel right in my system and was a bit boring in my opinion.
  6. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

I smoked daily for what I believe was nearly a year. Then I stopped cold turkey. Whenever I do light up it REALLY takes a strong hold on me, and I will feel the effects long afterward. It's actually put me off of smoking, to be honest, which I don't think is a bad thing.
  7. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

I think you @rightct have a system that has adapted to weed. It has no effect on you because you have been using it for a very long time. But I hope you put your health in consideration. Your future depends on your daily habits.
  8. henry

henry Community Champion

I never smoked weed daily. To me, weed was something special that took me to another world. Anything you do every day turns ordinary and loses its charm. Even beauty can bore you if you stare at it every day.
  9. TryHard

TryHard Member

I smoked daily for most of two years. I gained a bunch of weight due to eating with the munchies and laying around because of too much indica. I still smoke, but alot less frequently. Usually in a lower quantity as well.

There is something to be said about how people smoke in countries were it is legal (usually in spliffs and as a party/social event)
  10. Zelle139

Zelle139 Member

I still smoke every day, but it's really a small amount. The pipe I use is a very small one hitter and I'll smoke 3-5 bowls a day at most on a regular day. It keeps my appetite up since I have a lot of difficulty eating without the munchies. Thankfully, it only takes a small amount of weed to get me feeling high enough to eat a lot. Of course there are occasions where I smoke more, sometimes a lot more, but I like to limit those to special days only. Anytime I feel like my tolerance is going up, I try to cut down to 1 or 2 bowls a day only. I suppose I'm rather particular about my tolerance and I'd like to keep it that way~
  11. bellahpereira

bellahpereira Member

If your 7 times were all from the same strain, it's possible that the strain isn't effective or the quality is weak. I was once sold some that was extremely weak and wouldn't do anything unless I was doing a whole gram. Sometimes it really does depend on the type.

I too went through a period of smoking every day. I had the same problem you had - the tolerance build up was ruining all my potential highs lol. I decided to take a break - my breaks usually last about 3-5 months and then I started up again. However, when I started up again I had more responsibilities so I reduced my intake to once a day. I am now in the process of another break and once I start up again I hope to reduce my intake to once every 2 to 3 days. I am aiming for once a week but since I use it as an anxiety medication I want to make sure I'm not cutting back too much. I always feel my highs though - it's weird that after such a long break you aren't being able to feel anything but I'm almost certain it has to be the type that you're smoking. Hope you're able to find a better type :)
  12. DPowerz

DPowerz Member

I have in the past, but since quitting I've regained a few noticeable perks where my health is concerned. I wouldn't recommend it, the smoke definitely does a lot of damage not only to your lungs, but also to other areas of your overall health. For example, if you haven't left the house in a few weeks due to being high most of the time or if smoking promotes a sedentary lifestyle(as it did for me) gaining weight due to chronic munchies. It may not be noticeable overnight, but in time it takes it's toll.
  13. bellahpereira

bellahpereira Member

I definitely think that the munchies are the worst part of being a weed smoker - depending on the type of high you get you can become a real couch potato. However, that being said, there are a lot of strains that get you really energized and you cannot sit down because it just doesn't feel right. I have had many highs were I feel so energized that I end up going for a walk or working out or cleaning my kitchen lol - whatever I think of first is what I do. Obesity is definitely a problem within the weed smoker community but it doesn't have to be if we all smoked from the strains that give you energy instead. Some people prefer the couch highs because it allows their body to relax, not just their mind. It's also important to note that you don't always get munchies. I've had a lot of highs were I don't feel like eating and actually feel nauseous from food I had eaten beforehand. Like I said, it all depends on the strain :)
  14. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

No I don't, I'll be honest, if I had the chance and the money to do it I would do it every day and a lot of times a day because it relaxes me completely and it makes me more calm thorought all the situations that come and go in my life, it's just better atleast for me and I would DEFINITELY do it daily if I had the chance. However I do not.
  15. Noreht

Noreht Active Contributor

I used to use it on a daily basis and I had the same problem. I started smoking better quality weed and eventually when this did not work I turned to mandrax. If weed does not make you high, why smoke it? Use the money and time you now have extra from not smoking daily and do something positive with it. No matter the drug there will always be a point where the amount you are consuming is not enough and you will always want and need to do more.
  16. ConorMcGregor

ConorMcGregor Member

I have smoked daily for the past five years. Marijuana is great when respected and used properly, but when it becomes daily use for that long, it becomes abuse.
  17. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Weed has never been an option for me. Never had I considered smoking or ingesting it either. Not only is weed/marijuana an illegal substance here in my country but my father is a retired policeman and during his days of service, I've seen first hand how such drugs ruined the lives of able men. Yes, it's used as a pain reliever in other countries. But where I'm from, you only see it as a drug pushed and distributed to make people high and commit crimes. So smoking it daily is an invitation to turn into something more sinister.
  18. tackykardia

tackykardia Member

My friend smokes every day and he seems to still feel high. He gets some kind of stronger kind though and he uses a vaporizer. I'm sure that makes a difference. Supposedly vaporizing is supposed to be a healthier way to smoke, but I don't know. As for not feeling anything, I'm not sure why. Maybe its just not that strong or your tolerance has built up a lot.
  19. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

Unfortunately I am a daily smoker and I don’t even know why. It used to help with my anxiety and gave me an appetite, but now, nothing. I can’t remember the last time I was even stoned. My silly addicted brain tells me I need to smoke it or something bad might happen.
  20. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Maybe try cutting down little by little, @lonewolves. What have you got to lose, except maybe a bad habit. And you'll save some $$, too!
    Dominica and True concern like this.