An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you think it's safe for someone to only drink every now and then?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Tsky45, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I personally feel like if someone can responsibly handle alcohol and is not an utter moron when they drink, then they can have that beer every once in awhile. Just be careful.
  2. Matthodge1

You are off/working to get off the white powdery stuff, though, correct?
  3. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

If they are responsible, there is no problem. A little drink never harmed anybody. After all, alcohol was made for responsible consumption, and if the person in cause can do this, it is perfectly fine. As long as they don't get drunk or addicted, it's okay.
  4. I think it's perfectly safe, so long you can't feel the habit snowballing into a nasty destructive monster. I think it just shouldn't ever be your boss. You should drink whenever you want, that is you should never feel like you just have to have a drink. Then again it all comes to your willpower. Do not tempt temptation. If you know you are the kind of person that finds it difficult to put a rein on certain urges, you probably won't control your desire for alcohol.
  5. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Yes, that's right! I haven't used it for nine years but I still make sure I drink beer responsibly even now as I know how easy it is to get into bad habits.
  6. Matthodge1

That's awesome to hear. Good to hear you're responsible.
  7. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Very few people can drink moderately. Very few. But for someone with addictive tendencies this might not be a good idea. If you've had addiction problems in your family then chances are should you start drinking alcohol [responsibly] it will lead to addiction eventually. There's no need to take unnecessary risks when you know quite well what the outcome will be.