An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do You Think The Stop Smoking Aids Actually Work?

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by ChloeDawn, Feb 18, 2016.

1. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I think every person's reaction to smoking aids will be different, so it may work for others and it may not work for some. My bro tried e-cigs before, but it didn't work, so he still is smoking to this very day.
  2. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

Those aids work for the most part. It just depends on the person using it. Some people just need to the nicotine and will do fine on patches and gums. Some really enjoy the experience of burning a cigarette. Those people won't do well with those non-smoking aids.
  3. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

That's what I have found as well. Not everyone stops smoking in the same way but the most important part is to find the way that works for you.
  4. serenity

@Joethefirst, That's so true, since what works for some might not work for others. However, if none won't work then too bad, since they will probably continue with the habit.
  5. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

@serenity there are so many methods out there, that there must be one that works. It's all a question of trying and never giving up.
  6. serenity

Yes, I agree, you can tell who is determined from who is not if they quit easily once they have failed in quitting using a certain method and they revert back to their old habits.