An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Do you think working out can help you quit smoking?

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by nick92, Mar 26, 2016.

1. obliviousme

obliviousme Member

I think it does work for some people. But honestly, in my opinion, anything that occupies your mind and forget about your cravings is a good form of therapy, anything that doesn't have any harmful effect of course.
  2. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Same thing happened to me, I don't think that I've realized that until now. I've got engaged into serious physical activity, and even though at some point the cigarette after the work out was the best of the day, I stopped smoking them after a while, I never realized until now that this might've also been an effect of working out. However what I've noticed so far it's that, at least in the few weeks after giving up on them, the days when I wasn't working out were the most terrible with cravings, I guess that was because in the days I was working out, I had enough dopamine in my brain in order to ease the cravings. So after all, working out, definitely helps quitting cigarettes.
  3. Qualara

Qualara Member

I do believe it works. At least it worked for me. But you know we cannot forget that everyone's different