An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Doctors' responsibilities

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by cathy, Jan 7, 2019.

1. cathy

cathy Member

Has anyone out there had an experience with a doctor in which he wouldn't continue prescribing something helpful and you felt judged but didn't understand what he thought or suspected?
    Years ago I was on Phentermine, a schedule 4 diet Med. I took more per day than allowed because I didn't want to be hungry, not because I was seeking a high. I discontinued it abruptly and became highly depressed and anxious. It was hell. Now, looking back, I realize, he must have thought I increased the dosage to be high. I wish he had had the decency to just share his concern/suspicions honestly. How many of you have been treated this way?
    True concern and Joshstillclean like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@cathy... I haven't personally had something like that happen to me, but I know many people who have. I think a lot of doctors stop prescribing some medications for people without thinking about the consequences/withdrawal issues. And I know many doctors prescribe stuff for people without discussing issues like addiction/withdrawal. Doctors need to be more responsible when it comes to RXs.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

You can probably Google Dr. Richies pill mill in Georgia. That was my Dr.
    So I was on oxycontin, ativan, klonopin, morphadone, and something else. When he went to prison all my new person(I refuse to call him a dr) would give me is something for blood pressure. He said if would have high blood pressure coming down.
    Actually I ripped up the prescription in his office and never saw him again. (I was not right back then, and had some choice words for him as well).
    Actually turns out good thing i left it in little pieces on his floor because my plops pressure dripped so low I passed out...in the hospital I got a methadone shot and the nurse told me that high blood pressure meds might have killed me. My blood pressure was so low I fainted and my pulse was just under 280.
    I came in by ambulance.
    Yeah I've been done wrong by stupid people that shouldn't even be able to prescribe lotion.
    In gonna end my post here before I get angry.
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I think most of us have been there with a Dr at some point.The true gateway drug's (Prescription+Alcohol)
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  5. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

We need that double like button!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  6. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Lol
    deanokat likes this.