New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Documentary on Prescription Pain Pills

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Dominica, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Thought this was an interesting documentary on pain pill addiction... Some say it's biased and labels all chronic pain patients "addicts"... I don't think that at all... I think many chronic pain patients are NOT addicted, but need the pain to reduce their level of pain...

At the same time, so many ARE addicted, overdose, and die. It's not an "all or nothing" thing... there is a grey area...and it's going to take a holistic approach for each case to make some positive changes here...

If you watch, feel free to leave your comments, opinions, experiences...

2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Ya i couldn't watch the whole thing,but one thing i didn't see on there is the fact that a person who is addicted and wants more can easily manipulate the situation to your Dr.I know i did it and yes a Dr would write me 180 Vicodin every 25 day's for over a year,then i switched Dr's and took that 10 mg Vicodin up to 80mg oxycontin 4× a day.Yes they made a killing on the oxy prescriptions i would spend over 2000 dollar's a month to fill them.So ya they are on to something but the addict is the person whom ultimately makes a conscious decision to fill the prescription or not
  3. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

This video is unavailable. Why can't I watch the video and what was it about? From @True concern's post I think I would probably have a strong opinion on this matter what's going on?
  4. True concern

True concern Community Champion

It's a documentary on addiction and prescription abuse.I don't know why you can't see it but i personally couldn't watch it all because i didn't agree with everything but we are all different so of course im not supposed to agree with everything lol
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

YouTube says the video was removed by the user. :(