New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Does anybody know if someone with a high tollerance to Fentanyl can still overdose and die from it?

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by loser, Feb 21, 2018.

1. loser

loser Active Contributor

I have heard conflicting stories about tollerance and how this affects the potential of an overdose.

I would like someone who really understands Fentanyl to provide me with straight up info on whether a person with a high tolerance to Fentanyl can still die from an overdose ?

Although it may seem like a stupid question... there shouldn't be any stupid questions on this forum.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@loser hey there. you're right that there are no stupid questions here. i hope someone with some knowledge will respond for you.... have you gotten any answers yet elsewhere?
  3. loser

loser Active Contributor

Hey Dominica.

Loser here (still). I haven't found any other responses to this thread (which suprises me as I thought people would be eager to respond).

I am somewhat disappointed with this site as there is much less care and concern for one another than I had hoped. (You being the exception to the rule.)

I hope that you and your partner find the joy and happiness that has eluded me since this drug claimed my life.

You are a good soul and I am happy to have touched your aura.

May the Creator bless you and yours every day with the rising sun.
  4. Saboo

Saboo Member

5. Saboo

Saboo Member

Hey please be careful. I've seen death happen to two ppl with high tolerance. I can't give much advice I'm a messed up individual myself. I just joined this group a min ago. But please be careful. You look so young
    Thank you for letting me tell you whay I've seen. Good luck
  6. loser

loser Active Contributor

Thank you Saboo.
    You are the first to give me relavant advice on this thread.

Are you able to quote those cases or give me a link to them that I may study them ?
  7. Ahwill1984

Ahwill1984 Member

8. Ahwill1984

Ahwill1984 Member

Hi ...I don't know if I'll be much help, I was a heroin addict....and lots of times I did fentynal unknowingly...bc the heroin was cut w it. I know from experience w any drugs in general , eventually ur body, just gives out no matter how high ur tolerence is....and I would think the same w the fentynal...it's so potent...u just never really no which dose is the one...it could be a small dose that gets u...I used ghb alot when younger and the last time I used it it was a super small amount smallest I'd ever done...I overdosed...and almost didn't make it. I hope this helps you some.
    Dominica likes this.
  9. Dominica

@Ahwill1984 hi there. thanks for your input. glad you are now clean and seems as if you're doing well. good for you!
    Ahwill1984 likes this.
  10. Dominica

@loser hey you! how are you doing?
  11. loser

loser Active Contributor

I am so afraid Dominica I can't afford treatment... And if my Belgian doctor cuts me off my medication... I will die horribly.

I don't know what to do.

The woman I am with is a deluded vegetarian who thinks all can be cured with herbs and Magnesium. She does not understand the severity of Fentanyl. And she will not pay for treatment.

I need to find pure helium or nitrogen gas to invoke a peaceful death.
  12. Dominica

she may know something you don't :) i know it's severe... keep putting forth the effort to get assistance... can you get back home? i'd make that a priority. do what you must to get help...

Call 1-800-273-8255 for suicide prevention.
    True concern likes this.
  13. Missmomma8782

Missmomma8782 Member

That is a very odd question but if I'm going guess bc I don't want to break rules by saying yes absolutely but again guessing yeah definitely bc high tolerance is only so high then u go lights out I hope u find treatment and peace I was on suboxSub and it was the worst detox and recocrec I ever felt and I have yet to meet another like me but I beat it myself without rehab so if I could do that I feel like anyone can beat there demons u just have to face them first and choose to hate them instead of love them best of luck
    True concern likes this.
  14. loser

loser Active Contributor

15. loser

loser Active Contributor

I don't know how to thank you for this info.

I take one 100 microgram patch every 48 hours and I place the patch I am supposed to dispose between my cheek and gum on the second day to avoid the sweats. I guess that makes my addiction pretty severe.

I can't find treatment. I am in Europe and they all want three thousand euros or more to detox me.

I am so ducking ashamed that I have gotten to this point and so fucking scared because I dint think I am strong enough to handle the withdrawals... Especially when the woman I am with gets upset at me because I am sick (she is a bonified Narcissist... The real deal).

I feel that my only out is suicide.
    So thank you for at least now I know that I don't have to die in pain.
  16. Missmomma8782

Missmomma8782 Member

I can tell u what I did to beat my best and that hinehone was I got a bunch of xannax for the few days I knew it would be the hardest to get threw and I would take a bar (2mg) and pass out until I got up to take another one and did that for 4 days all while having to let a friend take care of my brand new baby boy bc I couldn't do it so as long as u have a reason to fight u will do it and after the detox I got threw the withdrawal with some refer for a quick ease of stright up hell feeling like I had the flu top of withdrawal on top of suck and I took Adderall as well I do my best to self medicate bc I am not allowed the scritp for Addy's due the subs so now I use meth bc it's cheaper than Addy's on the street ugh it's always going be a struggle to please other ppl so just say **** them and do u my man
  17. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Ok so i encourage you to read my story,it will without doubt give you something to think about.You are correct 100 micrograms in 48 hours is a high tolerance,but please don't think im boosting or bragging about the story i tell it is true and it will be pretty intense.You asked could someone with a high tolerance overdose and the answer is Yes.Im going to tell you about a tolerance level higher than yours at one point in my life i was taking a bit more than 100 micrograms of fentanyl every 36 hour's and i expand beyond that,i gave up fentanyl and started injecting 320 mg's a day of oxycontin i knew i was close to death so i went to a methadone clinic and was told i would die in approximately one month whether i quite or not because detox would take my life,i at that moment went home and quite cold turkey,for 27 day's i didnt eat,didnt sleep,i screamed out in extreme agonizing pain,i hallucinated,i cried,i vomited, 3 trips to the hospital to rehydrate me and they tried togive me pain meds to stall the detox but i refused on day 28 i finally walked again.I could continue on but im tired as ive been offering my best advice all day.My point is basically this you are not to the point where detox even cold turkey would kill you but you are at a point of 11-14 day's of pure hell cold turkey if you keep advancing your addiction you will very soon be faced with that possibility.I was suppose to die and by the grace of God im still alive.Your detox is going to be extreme and honestly those things your woman trying to offer you will give your body the nutrients to survive through an awful detox but please you are running out of time to do this and actually survive but i assure you,you will survive this detox your worth more than 100 micrograms every 48 hour's man i promise you that.God be with you we are all rooting for you.Stay Strong
    Josh111187 and Dominica like this.
  18. Dominica

you do deserve to get free... i support you to find a way to go through a medical detox, so you can be under the care of medical professionals. some do it on their own, but not all can make it through alone......
    Josh111187 and True concern like this.
  19. True concern

Really curious for an update here specifically,this situation has me a bit more than kinda worried.It's been ten day's from what i can tell.I don't know how to feel about this.If treatment awesome,otherwise...I'm not sure
    Dominica likes this.
  20. True concern

How are you doing?I hope and pray everything is well or at least manageable.Please give an update and you can be free of addiction.Stay Strong and God Bless
    Dominica likes this.