An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Does this make sense?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Nyer455, May 4, 2020.

1. Nyer455

Nyer455 Member

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this, but I'm not sure where else to turn.

My brother in law was recently caught stealing a lot of money from my family's business and apparently he's been doing it for over a year. He claims he has a cocaine addiction & the theft was to support the addiction.

His story doesn't sit right with me, but I don't have enough knowledge about the drug to be sure. If he's lying then he's covering up something & scamming my sister. If he's telling the truth then he needs help.

It would help so much if anyone can tell me if the following makes sense:
    - he claims to be using regularly for two years, taking 5 lines per day
    - he stole upwards of $300k in the past year, all for cocaine (no money left)
    - purchases were made via bank transfers to middlemen (a stripper & a part time teacher)
    - his wife, co-workers and parents never noticed anything, ever. No nosebleeds, touching the nose, sniffing, twitching, etc
    - 1 day a week he'd spend with his wife, not using at all
    - he quit cold turkey a few days ago with no I'll effect outside of some weight loss

This is a sensitive situation and I greatly appreciate anyone's help. Thanks
  2. CelesteLedi

CelesteLedi Member

Hey, I hope you're alright, that sounds awful for your family. I'm sorry.

That man was NOT addicted to cocaine. Five lines a day would hardly sustain a first timer. In my honest opinion, it sounds like a con. I'm really sorry
  3. Nyer455

Nyer455 Member

thank you, that's what I suspected.