An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Does Timing Matter?

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Rainman, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I like what you have said alot. You have to first realize that you have a problem to begin with. Even then you still might be in denial which means you are not in the right frame of mind just yet.
  2. oportosanto

oportosanto Community Champion

That's when everything starts. Before we solve a problem we need to realize that we have it because if we don't how are we even going to know that we need to do something?
  3. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

It's your frame of mind that makes all the difference. Many addicts know that they have a problem, they know they have to do something about it but they find it too hard to even contemplate a life without drugs.
  4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Community Champion

I think is important to feel motivated if you start working towards improving yourself, and that stands for addictions as well. It all comes down to the person, there's no harm in slowly starting to be a better person! :)
  5. deewanna

deewanna Senior Contributor

We all have different behavioral patterns. It is called individual differences. We are created in different ways. But I do think that time matters in this case. If you are not in the right state of mind to get off a addiction, then you can't. Because you find yourself relaxing each and every time.
  6. oportosanto

There is a good expression that sums this up nicely, sleep over it. When we are tired and our mind is disturbed we cannot think straight, so eventually in the morning we can make the best decisions.
  7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I think that self preparation is a big thing on addictions but I also believe that you don't have to wait too long because you're in a risk that this addiction ruins you completely and nobody wants that, and maybe there are some people who never feel that they are ready to fight with it, but that what this is all about, learning how to fight.
  8. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

We had 24 hours everyday and with that span of time we can do many things in our life. And if ever there is an opportunity that you think you already had the chance to do the important things that will make your life better then go for it. There is no need to ask yourself if timing does matter. If you think and had come to realized that you can fight your addiction already then start moving because time is of the essence. Like what they said "Waiting will get you nowhere - action is what makes a difference".
  9. oportosanto

Waiting and in the case postponing. There was a time I realized that I had to quit, but I was always postponing it, so that is why the best time is always now, not in 5 minutes.