An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Doing much better

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Proudmomma, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Proudmomma

Proudmomma Active Contributor

I haven't been on here in a while. I was having major problems with my 4 year old in school and my 3 and a half month old has had a bad cold for a little while now. Took him to the doctors 3 times and they keep saying it's just a cold that it'll pass. So I hope it passes soon. But I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing much better. I'm still stressed about the issues with my older son but I'm not letting them get to my head the way I was last month. I cant. Because i know if I end up screwing up there's going to be no turning back for me. The trust will be gone from my family, friends and fiance. Plus I won't do that to my boys. They're my world, my reason for breathing. So to let them down is not an option. And I wanted to say thank you all so much again. I was reading over a lot of your comments and thought how much they pulled me through everything that was going on in my head! I'm always here if anyone ever needs me. Email me if you have to. Viennascafidi@yahoo.com
    kgord, Winterybella, deanokat and 2 others like this.
  2. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Hi there..

So glad to see you checking back in. I.was wondering how you were doing. I am glad to hear that you are doing better. Children can be trying at times but he will outgrow it. Keep strong. Just as you are always there for us, we are always here for you.
    deanokat likes this.
  3. Proudmomma

Proudmomma Active Contributor

@L_B
    Thanks everything was fine until 20 minutes after I wrote that. My niece left a toy on the steps and me and my 3 month old went flying down the steps. Now I'm in the er with my infant staring at him with a next brace on. I'm about to go into a blind rage. But the goal is to focus on my son
  4. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Om gosh I am so sorry to hear that. I hope he is going to be okay. That is very scary. I hope you are okay. I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
  5. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

I'm glad to hear you're doing doing better! That's fantastic but I'm sorry about the problems with your son in school, it's normal for them to have problems starting school. I hope it's nothing too serious.

As a fellow mother of a little one, I have to say, if your baby is sick enough to take to the doctor 3 times... and they keep sending baby home, maybe see another doctor? I had a lot of problems finding a good pediatrician when my daughter was born. I had to see a few before I found one that actually cared. Of course, you're mom and you were there, that's your call. But, if you're worried I'd suggest taking your little one to a new doctor and see what they say.
    deanokat likes this.
  6. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Glad you're doing well and I hope your youngest gets well soon! Hang in there and things will get better! We all go through little seasons, but they never last.
    deanokat likes this.
  7. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

Hi proudmomma! Yes focus on your son. Little ones make mistakes we just have to take a deep breath and stay focused on what is important. I hope you two get well soon and stay positive!
    deanokat likes this.
  8. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Nice to know that you feel better now and hope that your baby will be fine the soonest possible. Good to know that you will not let them down and keep the spirit up. There will be always other ways to deal with stress and other matters in life.
    deanokat likes this.
  9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Hello there, @Proudmomma. Glad to hear from you again. Thanks for keeping in touch with us. :)

Well, I am sorry to hear about the condition of your youngest child. I would praying for his fast recovery from this bad cold. On the other hand, I am happy to know that you're still going strong. Kudos to you! :) Keep being an inspiration to a lot of people here. All the best.
    deanokat likes this.
  10. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Proudmomma... Thanks for updating us, my friend. I'm glad you've been doing much better. That's wonderful news. I'm also very sorry to hear about your fall down the stairs with your little one. I hope you are both okay. As much as you may feel like raging, please do like you said and focus on your son. He needs you right now. To be sick and then have to deal with the fall, too...poor little guy. :(

Sending caring, healing, sober vibes your way. And virtual hugs to you and your little guy. Let us know how you guys are.
  11. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Proudsmomma, I saw this message some time ago and was probably too exhausted at the time to respond. I'm glad I have found it again and want to thank you for taking the time to update us. We really are happy when you take the time to let us know how you are progressing.

I was reading and feeling very happy for you and then I come upon the details of you and the little one ending up in the ER? I pray you are all doing much better now. Sometimes in life it feels, like it's just one thing after another, but it's so important to get right back up and keep going. I am joining Dean in sending love and virtual hugs. I really do hope things are on the up and up.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I am happy to hear you are doing better proudmama. Sometimes all we can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep on going. You have a lot on your plate and we would all probably get tired of caring for little ones even if we didn't have other challenges, so you keep on going. It is the way to achieve your dreams.
  13. imperivm1

imperivm1 Community Champion

It's great that your kids are the motivation that keeps you moving on in life. You know you won't let yourself down because that would mean letting them down. And you would never do that. I'm just glad there's still people who would be willing to do anything for their children. The world needs more of your kind.
    deanokat likes this.
  14. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

@Proudmomma Hello and welcome back! It is nice to know that you are doing better and you are updating us what had happened and what is still happening in your life. Continue to be a caring and loving mother to your kids. As always is my good wishes for you and for your kids. You are really can be called "Proudmomma" :)
    deanokat likes this.
  15. serenity

serenity Community Champion

Always remember that if you do feel the urge to relapse again, then just go to this forum to vent it all out. I do hope things will eventually get better for you and I wish you all the best.
    deanokat likes this.
  16. 6up

6up Community Champion

It's good that you have managed to encourage yourself. If you could have given up you could have not been where you are right now. Hope now you know how to look after your family without being stressed up. Show them love and always pray for them. Teach them on how to pray and they will also pray for you.