An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Don't die while your alive!!

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by True concern, Oct 29, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

These words"Don't die while your alive"hit me like a ton of bricks at my N/A meeting tonight,when I initially heard it it didn't register and then as this woman spilled her heart,I understood.It was extremely powerful to hear and actually hear the message. Though we breathe,eat,talk,whatever, this doesn't mean we are alive when the only thought ringing in your head is that,next high,that all important pacification like a baby without a bottle,all purpose fades away,family,friends, health,kids,all for the what?For the death we chase.If this doesn't make sense to anyone.....tonight I broke that damn threshold and spilled my inner demons to a bunch of stranger's and I have never felt better.I however did not successfully find a sponsor.However I will.STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    deanokat likes this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern

Good morning Arthur! Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm really glad that you got such Revelation during the night. I have to say that I love the way that you express yourself. I find your words and examples quite powerful and I know that when others read them they do too.

"For the death that we chase". Wow!

I'm really glad that you were able to share with the community last night and that it felt good to open up like that. Sharing our stories and feelings can be so therapeutic!!

It's all right that you didn't find a sponsor. Be prayerful in mindful and ask that you'll be shown the perfect sponsor for you. At the right time.

Very proud of you for going to a meeting. I hope that you're feeling alright and healing quickly. And I hope you have a beautiful day!
    True concern likes this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Thanks for sharing that, @True concern. "Don't die while you're alive" are indeed some pretty moving, emotional words.

I'm so glad you went back to NA last night. And that you spilled your guts there, too. I think this is a huge plus for you. And don't worry...I know you're gonna find a sponsor.

Keep going back!!
    True concern likes this.