An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Don't hesitate to ask!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by akiram13, Feb 11, 2016.

1. akiram13

akiram13 Community Champion

Never feel you are unable to ask and find answers. Knowledge is power. That power can help you through it all. No matter what the question. Sometimes we think it's embarrassing to ask about such a topic. But in true reality it is normal to have questions and seek answers. This can be asking yourself questions. Or asking a close family or friend even asking a stranger.

MOST IMPORTANTLY! NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK GOD.

Ask for answers, strength guidance anything that is good. I promise he will answer if you have faith. It might now be within 24 hours but he will give you what you need.
    doatk22 and Rainman like this.
  2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Very true. :)

Don't be afraid to ask questions. It's important to be knowledgeable and enlightened about everything in life nowadays so as not to be easily fooled by anyone. And of course, always consider spiritual guidance and intervention.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

This is very good advice. There is no shame in reaching out and asking somebody for help or becoming informed about what you are going through. If you have nobody you feel you can trust then building a relationship with God can help you a great deal. Have faith and never give up hope.
  4. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I asked God for some help this week and he heard me loud and clear and responded by helping me. Your prayers may not be answered immediately, but they will be answered when the time is right. I prayed and pleaded for help to get through the week, and found the strength to do it.
  5. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

This is so very true! God is who set me free from addiction and will always keep me free.
  6. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I think asking questions and seeking answers is a wonderful thing - it's how we learn and how we grow as people. I think especially when recovering, it's great to be trying to inform ourselves as much as possible about ways to make recovery easier - different strategies, coping mechanisms and so forth.
  7. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

This is absolutely right! We should not be afraid to ask questions and seek answers to the things that we know will affect our life. By being curious to what is happening around us is just right because it is part of our life journey in this world. Nowadays we should always be smart and attentive in learning many different things in life and never hesitate to always ask God's guidance and help to all the questions we have in our life.
  8. akiram13

I really believe without asking questions you will go no where. In order to move forward we have to learn and we have to seek out answers to our lifes questions.

I have noticed people fear asking questions for two reasons scared to be criticize and most importantly scared of the answers. Do not fear knowledge. :)
  9. serenity

serenity Community Champion

True, some people are afraid or too shy to ask questions, but that is actually detrimental for them because it will leave them ignorant and unaware. There is nothing wrong in asking questions, since not everyone knows everything.
  10. akiram13

The motto that i live by and have true passion for is.

EVERYONE KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DO NOT

by asking or communicating with someone is gaining knowledge. It is hard but find the courage and be bold. If they laugh shrug them off ignorant people will laugh at you for asking a question smart and wise people will sit down and try to answer your question as a serious one.
  11. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

That is right. Asking is a sign of being open in learning ways to be better or know better. It is not wrong to ask cause through asking, you can find answers or help from others.
  12. remnant

remnant Community Champion

Most people fear asking questions for fear of exposing their weaknesses. Therefore they live a lie and die slowly from within. A problem shared is half solved.
  13. akiram13

No matter what asking a question can get you answers or direct you where to look for answers. Being open enough to even ask the questions is a step towards getting your life back together. Knowledge is a key of power. Its on what you do with the power of knowledge that directs your next step.
  14. 6up

6up Community Champion

Most addicts shy away from asking for help. They think that by doing everything secretly they can justify their behavior. If one feels uncomfortable to seek help from a family member then they can consider talking to their friends. One can also join online forums and get their questions answered.
    akiram13 likes this.