An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

DRINK WITH SMOKING

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by thisizznaveen, Mar 29, 2015.

1. cheeto

cheeto Member

The only way drinking and smoking are more dangerous than either on their own, is that in the inebriated state, it seems like a good idea to smoke more, so you end up smoking and most likely drinking more. Unfortunately it's an activity that people pair hand in hand with drinking, since most people start smoking by asking for a cigarette when drunk while their judgement is impaired...
    thisizznaveen likes this.
  2. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

Well, you are for the lack of a better term, "double dipping". You are putting two dangerous properties into your body at one time. One is bad enough but now your immune system has no chance in that brief time to counter act the damage that you are doing to your body.
  3. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I, have never mixd them together and also it is not good as the people can also have moods and also a person may have a craving to have more or eat more or less due to this. I reckon that, the body can have a good or bad reaction depending on the amount and also what sort it is as well. I, have known some who do it, and get more hungry as well and they eat more than they need too and get sick sometimes when they eat more.
  4. thisizznaveen

thisizznaveen Active Contributor

Tell me why are you drinking and smoking as you know these things doesn't give you anything .
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  5. thisizznaveen

That's good these things are totally bad soo never try this.Think about future and family.
  6. thisizznaveen

Smoking is not a good thing soo why are you doing this ?
    These things only kills and very dangerous for health.
  7. thisizznaveen

Good said man.These thing only give us bad health . Many people doing smoking and drinking as a fashion.They never get anything from smoking.
  8. thisizznaveen

Well said calicer1996.You said that it's not rocket science to understand it's very dangerous soo why people doing these things as they are educated well.
    calicer1996 likes this.
  9. vespid49

vespid49 Active Contributor

They both work together because they can both be social. Doesn't mean they're good though. I'm not sure whether their effects are enhanced when they go together, but they are unhealthy nonetheless.
  10. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

What? In my post, I said that I had "smoked" - in the past tense. I don't anymore.
  11. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I don't think there's much harm in it if you're only going to do it about once or twice a month, honestly. I have. Few friends who only smoke when they are drinking and they don't really need it every time they drink so I think they should be fairly safe health wise. It also helps that they are very responsible and mostly only drink at each other's houses.
  12. thisizznaveen

Why you mix smoking with drinking ?
    I think if you continuously mixed smoking with alcohol it's become an addiction to you.
  13. XiaoDre

XiaoDre Active Contributor

When I drink, it only seems right that I have to smoke. It is like they just compliment one another. I actually want to quit smoking but when it comes to drinking, that is hard for me to do. I really didn't look at it in the sense of it being very dangerous for your health but I can see why it is. Both smoking and drinking are dangerous individually but putting them together can make it worse I guess. I'm sorry, I just have to smoke when I am drinking.
  14. calicer1996

calicer1996 Community Champion

Education has little role to play here. They need to be taught how to have a stronger will. Our mind craves the bad stuff. It's up to us to see what's right and wrong.
  15. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Back in my younger days drinking and cigarettes went hand in hand. You're having a big night, you're drinking, you get to a certain point where you're drunk and you think a cigarette is a good idea. I never really bought my own cigarettes, usually just got them from friends, or even strangers -- it's a lot easier to ask a random person for a cigarette when you're drunk than it would be sober.
  16. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Drinking and smoking cigarettes, you mean? I used to do both. Whenever I go out and party with my friends, you’ll never see me without a drink on one hand and a cigarette in another. But I've never tried drinking and smoking weed at the same time. I don’t even smoke weed. And I’m not that brave enough to combine alcohol with any other stuff, except cigarettes.
  17. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

I too used to smoke like a chimney when I would go out drinking with friends, especially when it was legal to smoke in bars. I would smoke so much that my throat would hurt the next morning. There was something about smoking and drinking that went hand in hand.
  18. Charli

Charli Community Champion

My friends do it but I don't or at least not very much because I'm not a big drinker. I do it on occasion because I think it feels good but I agree it's not very healthy, though I think once in a while is fine and I even think if you're able to control it that it's much better not to feel too guilty about it because it would just end up making you feel too bad about yourself unnecessarily.
  19. cmleasure

cmleasure Active Contributor

They go hand in hand. I want to smoke the most when I am drinking. If I quit smoking, I might have to quit drinking as well. Though that wouldn't be the worst thing for my health. I know most people who don't even smoke often will want to hit on a cigarette a few times while they are drinking. I'm not sure what it is that is so enjoyable about it.
  20. miro1231

miro1231 Member

Drinking and smoking have their harms regardless of being mixed or not. But I find that whenever I drink too much (get drunk) I would also smoke A LOT more, sometimes smoking as much as 2 packs in a night of drinking. This is the only way I see that one can harm you more thanks to the other one. Another example might be if you drink or smoke too much and one of these actions lowers your immune system so much, that the other one harms you more.