An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Drug Abuse

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by mightymap2, Nov 18, 2014.

1. mightymap2

mightymap2 Member

I have a long history of drub abuse in my family. Many people try to control what other people do with their lives, but it never works.
  2. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

Do you mean to say mightymap2 that the controlling to stop drug abuse never works because it's been a long-standing disease in your family?

Anyway, whatever you mean, I'll take what you said about controlling others' lives as something that never really works as it is.

Yes, it never works because we each have our own mind to think for us. We're each equipped with our own free will to decide as we like and live our own life as we wish. Thus, it is the drug abuser's sole responsibility to stop the addiction and stay clean.

I firmly believe though that God helps but He does to those who also help themselves. Yet, He can intervene in ways we can't control. That's my personal belief. As with people though, controlling and completely taking over other people's lives is an entirely different story.
  3. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Are you saying that this is an ereditar problem? Because I do believe that people can be born with some
    predispositions more than others, but there should be a least one man or woman who did it in your family and gave up drugs, this are the statistics, otherwise your family just doesn't want to quit.
  4. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

I find it a bit vague. I'm also a bit concerned. Have you also tried or are you currently using any substance? I hope not, though. A long history of abuse in your family doesn't necessarily mean that you also have to take the same steps. You can live your life better.