An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

DRUGS R US

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Adrianna, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

DRUGS ARE US
    So what is with people and their attachment to prescription drugs? Psychotropics, narcotics, or whatever. I don’t understand what is the fascination with destroying yourself with these toxic substances?
    I mean are people that brainwashed to think that the side effects don’t matter to get some quick fix.?! Its like they are all zombie drones waiting to be stuffed in a coffin. Lol, Yes dear, no dear, yes doctor, no doctor….of course, whatever you say. Stay in front of your TV set and go into the trance. Watch the drug commercials and pick your, I mean diagnose yourself and we’ll right the script. I’m not sure what’s funnier the horrific side effects that they verbally state in the commercial or the fact that people fall into these traps.
    “Oh, I need it. I have to I have this condition or that disease.” I mean really?! I have Chrones disease, Lupus, I have a brain tumor. Really? Keep using that cellphone and dumping that crap in your body cause the doctor is waiting for you.
    If you do everything you can to be heathy and go light on the rest. I can admit to having been previously dumbed down. Yeah, I had no idea. It took a bit for me to wake up. Food, drugs, television, and poor parental guidance. Yeah, that happens. You eat hot dogs every day for breakfast cause your mother lets you and wonder why you can’t sleep and your always moody. Oh yeah she’s a problem child she’s always been this way. No stupid nitrates in hot dogs are toxic garbage that will cause insomnia and make a monster out of your kid. They’ll be crying and raging all the time. Oh she’s just being a teenage girl. Food coloring and sugar are drugs. You want a rebellious teenager feed them ring dings, and twinkles. Oh what’s that they won’t eat broccoli. Yeah blame it on them they are in control of everything at 7 years old. Sorry folks but I’ve seen kids who eat healthy they are well behaved. Food coloring and white sugar make monsters out of people. Its like night and day.
    Welcome to America, land of the free, home of the brave where drugs are us. Not everywhere though. Lol Wake up. Forums are fun to rant in. I think that was a bit like Alex Jones.
  2. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

The thing is many people only believe they are suffering of a certain disease, without being seen by a good medic. They just take drugs to either seek attention, make other people feel pity for them or just because they like it. The thing is once they start claiming false diseases, it's a downhill from that moment on, because taking medication when there is need of them can actually bring a lot of side effects.

A lot of people think their 5 years old kids have ADHD and quickly get prescriptions for them, when their kids actually lack discipline and nothing else more.
  3. Adrianna

Yeah this is true. Competence plays into this. People want to be parents but their level of comprehension of what goes into it is low.
  4. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

Because they don't see the responsibility behind the idea of being a parent. You are fully responsible for the success of your child, for his/her health, education and so on. If you fill them with pills at a young age, you'll do way more harm than good.
  5. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

We have the power to chose what we want to do with our lives and only we hold the key to that. We pretty much know that drugs are harmful to our system and yet some of us have no problem pertaking in drug abuse. Whatever choices we make, only we will be answerable.
  6. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

It's true I think bad nutrition is a cause of ADD in most kids today. People wonder why there kids are jumping off walls and getting on there nerves, it's because there having a sugar rush all the time. There was a person who did research on the food that most kids in America eat today and it showed that within a week they consume as much as a two pound bag of sugar. There could be a lot of truth to bad nutrition leading to bad behavior.
  7. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I reckon that some people think they need the drugs to cope with their daily activities and think it is a cure for any depression or illness they are suffering from which is not usually correct and causes the person to have mood swings and they may not try and move forward in their life without the drugs, which is sad to see them use this to live in this world which is hard to survive in for some people. I think that people don't believe they can cope without these drugs and some parents want to avoid going to the doctor and they just give a pill which may seem like a quick fix but in time, the body will get addicted to it and also they will get into mood swings when the pill wears off and can be hard for them to understand. Drugs should not be used to heal the body in children and sometimes the illness may not be real or made up so that people may feel sorry for the child and the parent may try to make money from it which can happen in some parts of the world.
  8. Adrianna

Yeah, some don't get it or are frustrated with the fact that they seem to not know how to handle them. So they blame the child or teen. What they are not realizing is that kid will be back at their door later in life needing help. Filling them with pills at a young age; yeah that is such a waste of human life. They get to their wits end and dump drugs in their kids to control. Its sad and abusive.
  9. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Various reasons why people get into addiction whether it is illegal drugs or prescription drugs. Right that it is possible to avoid addiction as well as beating it when one got into it. Also right that parents or guardians have the power to influence the future of their kids through the guidance and lifestyle they will be having.
  10. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

Don't forget that some parents do this on purpose, hoping that their children will be able to focus more on studying and so on. What they're actually doing is conditioning their children to study with the help of the pills, which is extremely dangerous in my opinion.
  11. Adrianna

Yeah, Lol. Some people. I don't know. I think the expression is "as smart as a bag of hammers." Or "dumber than a box of rocks."
    Its true what you said filling them with pills at a young age does more harm than good. I'm not sure why people are stupid enough to do this to their children. Their trust is in the wrong thing and their head is up their butt. It's unfortunate.
    You said it all right there; they don't see the responsibility behind the idea of being a parent. I'm going to just sort of mull that one over and laugh because this is my own parents all day long. Better to have kids if you do later in life. Hopefully be more aware of what it entails. The creation and shaping of your child's life.