An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Drugs

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Zoe2707, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Zoe2707

Zoe2707 Member

I'm so depressed that make want to use but I have no access to drugs. I don't know what to do? What help you to get over it? I know sometime crying help but I'm unable to do that, I'm stock. What you do to help you get over that patch? Thank you for your help.
  2. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

You actually have so many ways to get over your depression. First of all, is there something you really want to do in your lifetime? If you do, then what do you think is stopping you from pursuing it? As I have always said, life is a neverending cycle of ups and downs. It's not always rainbows and butterflies. We all have to make compromises once in a while and to accept that things don't always go our way. Rest assured, time will heal your wounds. Don't escape your pain. Go through it. Accept it. And you'll realize it feels better after all.

I wish you the best and don't give up! You are more than what you think you are. Remember that. Regards!
  3. LoveEcho

LoveEcho Community Champion

Well, that's actually a good thing. Not having access is the best way to stop an addiction. If there's no drugs there's no way you can do them. But, please remember you do not need drugs to be happy. You can listen to music, write in a diary, go out and do something to make yourself happier.
  4. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

As LoveEcho said, not having access to drugs is actually a good thing, you don't have the temptation of it, I guess. Well, I spend about two years depressed about four years ago... and the only thing that really helped me was therapy, I know that this isn't for everyone but it really helped me. I know that it sounds scary but maybe you should try it... you've got nothing to lose.
    Good luck!
  5. Fyrion

Fyrion Active Contributor

Not having access to drugs also could increase curiosity towards them and reinforce the misleading idea about drug as a solution for problems, and then eventually will find them , sooner or later. In the worst circunstances.

I warn you Zoe2707, depressed people non stop abusing drugs end up dead. I knew someone that died for overdose and was deeply depressed. Seek help and support for depression, and say good riddance o drugs, you're better than that. They are a noxious trap for desperate people. What you like to do? What you want to achieve? Look upon your current situacion and count all your blessings.