An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Drunk Dad Stabs Son

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by darkrebelchild, Mar 26, 2016.

1. darkrebelchild

darkrebelchild Community Champion

It was in the news last week about a drunk father who stabbed his son in the chest during a heated argument. Thankfully, the father called for help immediately and the son was sent to an emergency room where an operation was carried out that saved him.
    The court ruled for a long prison term for the father but the son pleaded on the father's behalf and he got a lesser sentence.

Drinking is dangerous and could turn us to monsters if not curbed.
  2. Belovedad

Belovedad Active Contributor

The father who did the stabbing called for help? Just goes to show that you can control yourself in this situation. Just a case where he realized what he was doing when it was too late. Thanks for the information, though my father has never been aggressive towards me when he's drunk, I'll keep an eye out.
  3. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Oh man! It's a good thing that the father decided to call for help and not just run and try to escape. Some of the things that people can do under the influence are indeed dangerous, and this is but one of them. Alcohol has already destroyed, and is still destroying a lot of lives. We all should stay away from it.
  4. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

This is just one of the hundreds of bad incidents that takes place every day around the world. Yes, you are absolutely right and I believe the fact that drinking can turn us into monsters. I think that his dad was a bit conscious about the actions and that's why he called for help. Thank God for saving him. With a strong will-power, you should give up the addiction as fast as you can otherwise, it will ruin your life.
  5. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

It might not be that easy. Alcohol can make you do things which you never could do when you were sober. I've been on the receiving end of this sort of thing. When I was younger my brother tried to stab. Since he was drunk and I wasn't I easily subdued him and locked him up in a room.
  6. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Wow that's terrible and so sad. Obviously the son knew his father just had a bad problem and didn't want his whole life thrown away. That's a crazy incident though and the dad really needs to get help. I'm glad he called for an ambulance right away.
  7. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Good thing that the son was saved.
    True that alcohol can change a person or make someone a beast. Have known some who beat their wives when drunk and abusive to their kids. Although not true to everyone as we react on substances differently.
  8. L_B

L_B Community Champion

This is terrible. Luckily the son lived through it. Alcohol can be scary when people have too much. I have had many sleepless nights not knowing where things were going to go. You are walking on eggs shells the whole time. I have seen many bad situations and people act ways they never would act sober. It is sad.
  9. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

I guess the positive side is that he knew immediately he screwed up and called for help. It's always sad to hear stories likes, especially when they involve alcohol. Alcohol can really turn people into monsters.
  10. explorerx7

explorerx7 Senior Contributor

It's a good think that the father was jolted into reality and realised that what he had done could have been deadly and called for help. Being drunk has put persons in a stupor which causes them to do things they would not have done when they are sober. I hope this incident will convince the father that over indulgence in alcohol isn't an ideal practice and that he may quit the habit.
  11. djolem

djolem Senior Contributor

Obviously a troubled family. I hate when people blame alcohol for these things. It wasn't vodka who stabbed his son it was him and yes, in vino veritas. When we drink we get strength to do stuff and say things we usually wouldn't. I, for example, go under one special window with my guitar that is out of tune and sing very nice song in a terrible way (the only way I can) and other people stab their sons. This is a terrible thing to hear and a horrible excuse.
  12. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

Alcohol can cause a lot of terrible accidents, let's just take as an example drunk drivers, how many people in a year do this people kill or injure? Is the same thing with "common" accidents. I'm not pretty sure what should be done to fix it, but it will be pretty interesting to know how people perceive danger while they are under the effect of certain substance.
  13. monty

monty Active Contributor

IT is often seen that whenever any person is drunken then he forgets about his relationship and he don't care about his relations although it's not his problem it's alcohol which makes him do this that's why I gave up drinking.
  14. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Sad situation... sometimes it's hard to control yourself during a moment of anger, now add alcohol to the mix and it's nearly impossible to control yourself. So dangerous, I feel so sorry for both of them, specially the son. No matter what they say... things will never be the same between them.
  15. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

That sounds absolutely terrible! There's nothing worse when alcoholism has such a devastating effect on a family. I hope the father and son will be able to overcome this situation, and hopefully the father will also curb his drinking.
  16. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Well, I don't think alcohol can be blamed for all anti social behavior. I think that exists somewhere in the person's psyche and the alcohol just removes the inhibitions and allows them to act on it. That being said, some people are so violent and aggressive when they drink, they should never touch a drop..case in point.
  17. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I'm just glad that the son made it out alive in all of this. People are already capable of doing harmful things without alcohol in the system. At least the dad thought to call for help. And maybe the next time he calls for help it will be for himself and get himself together again.