An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Dying To Live

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Apr 30, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

There currently isn't a confident bone in my body to say I will get better. Imagine being called a mistake every single day of your life. Only then will you understand ending it would stop the pain of being terrorized. Most of the time they strip the soul of happiness right when I start my day. Therefore, I go deeper into the whole I already dug.
  2. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

I wish I knew an inspirational person like you. Your words of love are very heart warming and soul lighters. Thank yo for helping me continue on in life.
  3. IrishHeather

IrishHeather Active Contributor

I have been where you are. I have felt the pain that you are experiencing, as a matter of fact it took me several minutes and a walk outside to be able to stop crying long enough to respond to your post. I once was lost and life seemed like a bottomless pit of unending addiction that consumed everything within my soul. I never thought I could know happiness again. All seemed hopeless. But I am here to tell you that life after addiction is not only possible, but it is one of the greatest highs I have ever experienced in my time here on Earth. Life after addiction is so much more precious and meaningful. Sometimes we have to walk through fire in order to get to the light. Its not an easy road by any means but the reward at the end of the journey called sobriety is the most magnificent experience in the world. Please don't give up, you have already taken the hardest step in admitting that you have a problem. You are so much further on the journey than you know. Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing (good or bad), we are here for you!
  4. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

That's well put and completely understandable. I really hope you find your peace and comfort for your being.
  5. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Dear @crc3thebest Digging up the root of your addiction-- of your own choice-- and clearly see will help you be stronger to undo that choice and start a journey to recovery and growth. Please believe that you will get better. You have a good life going for you. Put your mind to getting well.

Your family may have failed you in the love that you seek. But please accept our love and friendship. There is Higher One, God--who loves you so much. He is kind and will give you comfort that you seek when in trouble. He created you and made you very unique. Beautiful inside. You are capable of courage to be alive and face your problems head on, with His help.
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  6. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I'm glad you were able to find some useful advice in this forum as many people go through their whole lives not even realizing that the toxicity they feel is mostly triggered by others instead of themselves so they end up wasting their lives feeling unnecessary guilt. I wish you well and I hope that you will be able to find yourself in a better situation soon.