An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

E-Cigarettes Linked to Lung Disease

Discussion in 'Tobacco / Nicotine' started by Joyner, Dec 31, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Community Champion

Quitting altogether is obviously the best option, but for a lot of people they find its just simply too difficult for one reason or another.

That's why I think that vaping and e-cigs need to be looked into more so we can at least have the facts about if it's better for us or not, then at least if it is its an option for people to look into.
  2. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

E-cigs are way safer than regular cigarettes, but you can't beat shoving vapor and stream down your lungs. Your lungs were not made to handle steam, just oxygen and carbon dioxide. That's why most of these diseases occur...
  3. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

Until then the general publics perc
    This is true but most people that vape do it because they want to quit. Since you can regulate the amount of nicotine that you take into your body, you can reduce it gradually.
  4. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

Wall Street Journal may be right with their statements. I do not know much about e-cigs. I did not do much research on the subject. But, every drug has it’s pros and cons. Life is the same way. You got to do something you do not want to do in order to do something you want to do. In any event if it does cause death, I wonder why they do not advertise that everything can kill you. They should advertise that on T.V. So, people will do something other than watch T.V. All day.
  5. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

Many people believe that e-cigs are safer than the real cigars. This is a completely false notion. The so-called 'E-cigs' are as dangerous as the real cigars. There are hundreds of studies going on and the result of almost all of them are negative and they are against the e-cigs. Both should be avoided at all costs.
  6. rajesh

rajesh Senior Contributor

This is a terrifying video. People should learn something from this video. The explosion and all the other incident like that prove that these devices are really dangerous. We should stay away from e-cigs.