An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Endurance

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by crc3thebest, Jun 26, 2015.

1. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

Do you have mental endurance? Okay, well what if we never accessed the full capacity in which we can endure? Often, we find ourselves giving up instead of fighting. Have you put down your glove? Fighting against or for something not only shows endurance, it builds endurance as well. Hitting the target in life can be spiritually pleasing to all who are willing to build themselves up onto that point. Winning a battle in life requires practice! Consider any NFL Team, who strives for a championship every year. Only those that can endure will make it! Are you ready to endure? If so, create a game plan for the upcoming season and prepare for a fight. Consider the sacrifices our Men and Women in the Military make on a day to day basis. You are well able to do all things in life, no matter what. Go for it and get ready to endure!
  2. E.Mil

E.Mil Community Champion

I believe I have endurance, especially if I put my mind to do something. The only times I have really failed in any area of my life is when I thought I didn't have the strength to endure anything or had my mind determined to do it. Another plus to endure anything is to remain focus and stay positive, I think these are also essential components.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  3. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

It’s something I’ve gotten better about. I used to throw in the towel, but I came to realize that behavior wasn’t serving me well; if anything, it was lowering my quality of life. I think we all come up against times when we feel like giving up, but that’s when it’s most important to access your inner strength and endurance.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  4. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Community Champion

I don't have mental endurance, patience or focus. I tend to be a bit disorganized and my thoughts drift off. I can't sit and do something monotonous for any extended period of time, which is why I like dealing with people in my line of work. I couldn't push paper for a living, that's for sure.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  5. gracer

gracer Community Champion

Endurance is indeed a must-have quality for each of us. This gives us the power and strength to keep on going for the goal no matter how many times we trip or fall. Having that strong fighting spirit helps us get through no matter how tired we are. Same is true in addiction, an addicted person in recovery needs endurance to tackle all the blocks along the way and all the challenges that he/she has to face.
    crc3thebest likes this.
  6. crc3thebest

Thanks for sharing! Your wisdom is remarkable regarding how to withstand the effects of life without caving in. Just imagine how mentally strong you are!
  7. crc3thebest

God has been my inner strength for quite some time. Who knew where I would be in life without him? Hope you are doing well, God Bless You!
  8. SunnySkies

SunnySkies Active Contributor

I do think I have mental endurance and focus. Then again, many people say that and in fact, don't have these strengths as they are overestimating their capabilities. But, endurance, focus, and patience are really important traits to have, which unfortunately our culture here doesn't really emphasize enough. To succeed and make a difference in life, these are crucial.